• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drivers icing up on 09 dragon 800

A
Oct 22, 2008
ALASKA
Has anyone had a problem with your drivers icing up to the point the track ratchets? This has only happend to me one time but I talked to a guy that had an 08 and he has had the same problem.

S
I had a thought about this problem and as I sit here thinking I came up with this. Is there anyway that you could just use a very short stud? Put in backwards so that everytime that it came around it would chip at the area between the drivers? It would have to be very short but I would have to look to see if there is clearance to make that work. Seems that it would only take 2-3 to cover the entire area and keep it clean. It was just a thought.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Just don't use reverse in spring or heavy snow conditions and you will be fine. If you do flog it in forward gear right away to flick it out before it sits and ices up. My .02 from experience.

2mileshigh

Nov 26, 2007
Holding it to the bar does not clear it. You have to pick it out with a long screwdriver, real pain. I am going to try some teflon lube sprayed on the drivers before i ride to see if this works. Let you know.

P
May 4, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Holding it to the bar does not clear it. You have to pick it out with a long screwdriver, real pain. I am going to try some teflon lube sprayed on the drivers before i ride to see if this works. Let you know.

If you tip your sled on its side at first occurrence and use lots of throttle it will clear. Also, icing can occur if reverse is not used.

Premium Features