• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am sure you know what living quarters are...but I'll share this photo anyway.
This is in the direction I was referring to with living quarters.
Having had the trailer both WITH and WithOUT the fold down couches, I can honestly say I do MISS the couches.

They are SUCH a mixed blessing though.
With the Yamaha sleds and the WIDE stance they took we ALWAYS hit the mounting brackets with the sleds. Hit them enough times and you begin to tear the mounts off the wall.

But..
There is NOTHING nicer after a long ride than coming back to the trailer and RELAXING on that couch after a long hard day of riding.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Nice add ons. Is that a timer right above the inverter? I’ve always thought it’d be nice to set up the furnace to kick on about 30 minutes before planned eta back to the trailer.

That way when you roll in 5 hours later than your original “planned eta” you have no propane and no battery left lol.
One of the NICEST things I have seen in one of these trailers was a Programmable Digital Thermostat that would TURN ON and pre-heat the whole trailer at a specific time.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Having had the trailer both WITH and WithOUT the fold down couches, I can honestly say I do MISS the couches.

They are SUCH a mixed blessing though.
With the Yamaha sleds and the WIDE stance they took we ALWAYS hit the mounting brackets with the sleds. Hit them enough times and you begin to tear the mounts off the wall.

But..
There is NOTHING nicer after a long ride than coming back to the trailer and RELAXING on that couch after a long hard day of riding.

Yes.

However, the focus of my post is regarding the living quarters (ie the area with the brown). Lol

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Nice add ons. Is that a timer right above the inverter? I’ve always thought it’d be nice to set up the furnace to kick on about 30 minutes before planned eta back to the trailer.

That way when you roll in 5 hours later than your original “planned eta” you have no propane and no battery left lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually the main power cut off. I turn it off if trailer is not plugged in so as to not drain batteries at all.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
You can certainly apply any undercoat your heart desires.
You could LINEX the whole underside..
Wonder what that would cost to have applied???

I got a quote for $2,000 to do the inside of a 7’ x 26’

I imagine the underside would be a good bit more due to the complexity of shooting.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I got a quote for $2,000 to do the inside of a 7’ x 26’

I imagine the underside would be a good bit more due to the complexity of shooting.
Of ALL the upgrades we have talked about on a trailer over the years, this has to be the #1 that I would like to try for a LONG TERM KEEPER trailer.

If we could get some manner of INSULATION sprayed on the undercarriage, and then a rock solid protectorate sprayed over it....

large-insulated-floor.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Or if it was able to be done at the factory during production it could go like this

picture.php

With Foam Board.
This would then be the perfect setup to follow along with a LINEX style undercoat to protect the foam board.

picture.php

Or with a sprayed self expanding foam.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Take everything in this trailer less a few of the TV's and a better sound system. That is what they should build.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...he-classroom-trailer-mega-conversion.1101752/

Okay.
That trailer has some VERY COOL Features!!

Angle brackets installed under the cabinets with LED strips installed where I could.
IMG_20160828_134555894-L.jpg

Test-run of the lights - Success! Couple more runs to install once the rest of the trim is up.
Once we get the rest of the lights up above and below all the cabinets, the lighting circuit will draw about 7.4A total.
IMG_20161106_163747655_HDR-L.jpg

6 of 8 ceiling speakers installed too.
IMG_20161106_163931611_HDR-L.jpg

===

Rattled in a few more buttons for the same fold-down benches on the outside.
IMG_20160717_125051157-L.jpg

Shelves just hook onto the buttons.
IMG_20160717_125136705-L.jpg

Most of the time we won't use these tables outside, but it'll be nice to have the option for shows and events.
IMG_20160717_182528436-L.jpg

===

Last saturday was a spray-foam day. Insulation value is about R7 per inch.
IMG_20160924_150348000_HDR-L.jpg

And there's 6" of foam under the trailer.
A little bit of wind comes through and sucks all the heat out the floor - noticeable temp difference between upper- and lower-half of most enclosed trailers, this should alleviate that problem.
IMG_20160924_143958443-L.jpg

===

Rear LED loading lights installed, and got the rest of the marker lights over the back put in.
IMG_20161023_153816952_HDR-L.jpg

IMG_20161023_153829595_HDR-L.jpg

===

Hangers and gas struts on the closet doors up front
IMG_20170129_103610744-L.jpg

==

Tools/shelf on the wall. Cut out some foam blocks for the fluids/adhesives, so those don't wobble around.
IMG_20170129_162547656-L.jpg

===

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Found It.
If you want a generator as part of the trailer, this is how it is mounted
So you have to give up part of the front nose cone area, which with sleds is pretty much a No-Go for getting 5 sleds in the trailer.

GenSlideFull.jpg

Why does the generator have to be mounted on the floor?
Why couldn't it be mounted at ceiling height with an outside access door to change oil and filters or work on it.
This would not take up floor space and can be remote start and fed off of the fuel tank or a smaller generator tank.
Sure you might need a ladder to get up there and service the thing but it would sure make it easier to spend a weekend in it.

Also rather than a wall mounted tv, why not a ceiling mount that can swing back up flat with the roof. Then you can watch from the entire length of the trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why does the generator have to be mounted on the floor?
Why couldn't it be mounted at ceiling height with an outside access door to change oil and filters or work on it.

This would not take up floor space and can be remote start and fed off of the fuel tank or a smaller generator tank.

Sure you might need a ladder to get up there and service the thing but it would sure make it easier to spend a weekend in it.

Also rather than a wall mounted tv, why not a ceiling mount that can swing back up flat with the roof. Then you can watch from the entire length of the trailer.

I suppose the WEIGHT of the generator would be an issue as well as the Uphill Fuel feed line??

As for the TV, I don't know.
That an interesting thought...

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My dream trailer would have a heater that works unlike the trailswest I or my buddy have. Might be the operators but neither of us have had a good experience.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My dream trailer would have a heater that works unlike the trailswest I or my buddy have. Might be the operators but neither of us have had a good experience.
Sorry to hear that.
I have taken it back to the dealer and asked for some help.??

I had an issue on one of the Mirage Trailers a year ago up at Togwotee.
Got on the phone, talked to a tech and was able to make a field repair right on the spot.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
That's an interesting decking design. Looks like a composite type lumber. What I don't understand is what keeps the road crap from coming up through the slats in that?

Any of the composite lumbers are all super heavy. So it must be something different. And they are super slippery in the winter, especially after they get polished up a bit.

As for the road slop, it looks like it has a mini fender above the tire, and the boards are perpendicular to the direction the spray would be coming. So my hunch is that it might work out just fine. Interested to find out. Let us know, please, Christopher.

Premium Features