• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drawing your own maps, snowmobiling

sidehillsam

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
Post Falls, Idaho
I have traced lakes on Google Earth. If you draw this outline as a track, it only displays the shore. If you do the same trace as a polygon, the whole lake colors up. I would like to bundle these polygons into a img lake map. So far, no luck doing so, I can bundle the outlines of the lakes into a map. Hoping for a way for these outlines to be filled in with color.

You did not say what GPS your using. If its an Garmin, the GPX files are lines only. The IMG files (Topo Maps) are proprietary and no info or software are provided. Some people reverse engineered them but it is complicated, try Google. If you have a newer GPS that supports Birdseye, you should be able to upload pictures, but these are not map files where you can follow roads, etc.

M
Dec 4, 2010
If you can get GEO pdf maps (PDF maps with GPS coordinates built in), they can be imported into Trail Tech GPS units.

Mike

Premium Features