• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Down On Power -Snoscoot /ZR 200

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
Our Snoscoot seems to be running a little rough. Not sure what we need to troubleshoot.
Last season it would run down the trail at 29-30 mph all day long. Yesterday riding in McCall it would barely hold 24 mph. Heading up the trail with a load it was closer to 21 mph.
The sled has maybe 20 hours on it. I run non ethanol premium 91-92. My daughter is maybe 5 lbs heavier than she was last season so its not the rider.
I thought it could be the belt deflection. But I checked and it appears to be right where it should be in the secondary.

Any ideas?

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Other than stale fuel (I winterize with SeaFoam in the tank) I'd check the throttle cable for any play & make sure the choke cable opens/closes fully. If I was a liberal, I'd blame it on global warming!

F
Jan 3, 2008
The ZR200 my boy rides averages 25mph on the flat, 22 on slight inclines, and 28 downhills. Riding at 7,000-9,000 feet. According to Arctic Cat's website the ZR200 requires 87 octane minimum. Higher octane doesn't make more power it is actually harder to burn that is why you use it in higher compression motors to stop pre-detonation pinging. You might try 88 octane ethanol free you could actually make more power because it burns easier. What does your spark plug look like? Rich? Lean?

Premium Features