• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
yes we got 5 inches today...its carb....I think I'd be able to plumb it all on there...but tuning looks like a beotch

That is why I decided against the turbo for my sled! I would rather ride than sit in the meadow tuning it!

I think my sled, as it sits right now, has almost 190hp plus NOS and it doesn't weight that much. Once I get the thing clutched right, it'll be really fun!

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
well the turbo itself doesnt cost that..i think you are paying more for the R&D side of the house....stainless steel tubing doesnt cost that much, i dont need an efi controller, and i got a guy here in town that will weld alum for me cheap

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
well the turbo itself doesnt cost that..i think you are paying more for the R&D side of the house....stainless steel tubing doesnt cost that much, i dont need an efi controller, and i got a guy here in town that will weld alum for me cheap

I guess if you just bought the parts separately (like from performance car shops) it wouldn't be that bad, cost wise! There are a few guys on here that have built their own set-up! Just start asking around in the Cat forums! It would be a fun project to do in the summer!

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ha ha...christmas was cancelled this year due to the lack of family and crown

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i'll start on it when i get home, i'm gonna build an all out mod chassis up, already got a new motor for it. also gonna build a big azz triple for the hell of it

Premium Features