• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does the Matryx slash platform magnify the differences between the Khaos and Pro with 165, or are they now more simliar than previous chassis?

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
So I have been with cat since the mid nineties and I totally intended on snow checking a 2022 Alpha this year but with when the Matryx Slash was introduced, I decided it was time to switch. I have read a lot, and watched videos on Axys Khoas's vs Pro's and I'm 80/20 NA Khaos with the 165-2.75. But there doesnt seem to be much information on the 165 Pro/Khaos Matryx Slash riding differences. Maybe its too soon but if anyone who has been on these sleds has input, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks....

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Khaos hands down. Turned my 163 pro into a khao and I love it.

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
Thats really strange, I just built a pro and a khaos on the polaris website and only the boost showed limited quanity. Maybe some kind of glitch? The more I think about it, the khaos 165 is looking like the better sled for me. I dont ride very aggressive but I do like slopes and trees. My abilty to increase the steepness and density of the trees gets better every year. And it does seem like you can dial the twitchiness back with low/high speed shock adjustments if its too much at first. I also keep reading that the khaos is easier to get on edge than the pro.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I also keep reading that the khaos is easier to get on edge than the pro.
I'd be curious to hear more about this. The difference between khaos and pro is the front shock length, rail profile and limiter strap, correct? I don't see how that would equate to ease of getting the sled on edge.

I've always felt a shorter track sled (all other thing equal) is easier to get on edge, and that the limiter strap and front track shock are the main adjustments to getting a lighter feel in the front end.

Best attribute of polaris axys is a less easy turning sled, which helps in technical riding since you're able to hold a side hill better. If you want an easy turning sled, buy a ski-doo!

Y
Dec 20, 2020
I'd be curious to hear more about this. The difference between khaos and pro is the front shock length, rail profile and limiter strap, correct? I don't see how that would equate to ease of getting the sled on edge.

I've always felt a shorter track sled (all other thing equal) is easier to get on edge, and that the limiter strap and front track shock are the main adjustments to getting a lighter feel in the front end.
The lighter feeling front end is what I feel makes it easier to get on edge, the weight transfer makes it easier to throw the sled around, but also makes it harder to keep there. Fine line on tuning depending how you like to ride.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Also softer spring rate on the rear track shock.

Best attribute of polaris axys is a less easy turning sled, which helps in technical riding since you're able to hold a side hill better. If you want an easy turning sled, buy a ski-doo!

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
If you have problems getting the pro on edge, you are either a newbie or very inexperienced rider. It's very easy to get the pro on edge.
I’m just a cat guy with little to no time on poo’s. I really like the Alpha rail but tired of cat being so far behind the rest of the curve.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I’m just a cat guy with little to no time on poo’s. I really like the Alpha rail but tired of cat being so far behind the rest of the curve.
The Khaos is absolutely easier to get on edge than the Pro. I think the Elevate made it even easier.
Its about the same as the Alpha but more stable on one ski and easier steering all day long!

The Pro feels planted compared to the Khaos. They really do handle like 2 different sleds. I have to work much harder on the Pro.

Sent it

Premium Features