• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Norona pay to advertise here?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Well in a way he is paid by the product owners to advertise lol. Maybe not all the products but he definitely gets somthing.

Therefore he should have to contribute something to snowest in my opinion
I appreciate Dave’s reviews.

However, if he wants to donate a Doo sled or two or some of his Doo gear to some lucky Snowester each year I am good with that too.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
No.
Norona pays nothing to SnoWest for the privilege of posting product reviews here.

But then again.
Neither does anyone else.

So long as "HE" is not selling anything commercially, then he is free to post as many product reviews and endorsements as his heart desires.
Just as you are.

However.
Should our good friend Norona decide to change course and enter into the DIRECT SALES MARKETPLACE, and begin endorsing HIS OWN PRODUCTS and imbedding direct links to HIS STORE, then we would have a conversation about becoming a paid sponsor.

That's the workaround, post your product "advertisements" as a product review.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I agree, I’m wondering why all of a sudden it’s a problem to post reviews. New member?
I do not think it has anything to do with posting reviews, I think reviewing products is great, like Christopher and his 509 Aviators thread, I figured heck he likes them enough to pay more money and get another pair because he purchased the first pair.

I know it is a subtle difference, but I think the direction the money goes has some to do with it.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If Polaris finds that people are interested in some product that Ski-Doo is promoting they either have to step up with something similar, have frustrated riders or riders may actually switch brands. Goes for Arctic Cat but maybe not as much.

I like the idea of sharing the products to make the industry stronger over time than hiding innovation. Just think back over the last 10-15 years on the improvements across the sled and gear lines and it is a massive leap.

U
Oct 20, 2014
I think the mods do a great job of managing the forums, but Dave's videos are absolutely paid promotions, not reviews. A review is unbiased and not paid for by the manufacturer. The vids do contain useful information, and I could care less if they are posted as threads, though I think it would be nice if they contained some text description/overview rather than just the link to try and get his youtube view count up.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I think the mods do a great job of managing the forums, but Dave's videos are absolutely paid promotions, not reviews. A review is unbiased and not paid for by the manufacturer. The vids do contain useful information, and I could care less if they are posted as threads, though I think it would be nice if they contained some text description/overview rather than just the link to try and get his youtube view count up.

?% agree. He is being paid to advertise here on behalf of Ski Doo.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
All of you that have posted on this thread are very smart, good looking, great riders, and model Americans. You now each owe me 20 bucks. No checks. Strictly cash.

Is there a shot available yet for the Norona? If not wearing a mask please stop reading this thread. I am not wearing one and I feel a little dumber after reading it.

Premium Features