• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you finance your sled or pay up front?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Finance make a payment then don't. What till you receive notice of not paying. Make partial payment. End of season sorry hard times come and repo. Snow check new one same procedure next year. Works great.
seems like a ONE TIME option to me

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
always pay cash for your toys.its a want not a need.you cant live or eat in/on your toys!

P
Dec 15, 2018
New to snowmobiles, they are not really very cheap anymore. So I want a new one and it's 17k. That's doable for me but mentally alot so I am not as stoked to do it. The other thing is...how damn fragile they are. Today I watched a brand new turbo being towed. That's 20k + dollars that's pretty spendy and not everyone can or should do that. Kinda sucks they are now a steep investment. Was thinking of ways to spend 17k where I didn't notice it ad much. Maybe put 22 down then sell my old one make a few payments lpl. Just really want a brand spankn new one but man my wife would not be so stoked...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
New to snowmobiles, they are not really very cheap anymore. So I want a new one and it's 17k. That's doable for me but mentally alot so I am not as stoked to do it. The other thing is...how damn fragile they are. Today I watched a brand new turbo being towed. That's 20k + dollars that's pretty spendy and not everyone can or should do that. Kinda sucks they are now a steep investment. Was thinking of ways to spend 17k where I didn't notice it ad much. Maybe put 22 down then sell my old one make a few payments lpl. Just really want a brand spankn new one but man my wife would not be so stoked...
You just hit on two of the biggest obstiles in our sport.
COST OF ENTRY
COST OF UPKEEP

There are soooo many options for things people can do now, that sledding in the winter is now just one of MANY choices.
And the $$$ for our sport just keep climbing.

Sledding is simply NOT an "Economical" sport to jump into.
It requires a significant financial commitment to get started and more to stay in the game.
BUT.

Good Lord is it FUN!!!!
I just took our my new 2022 Turbo Expert on Saturday for her first ride.
There is only one word that describes it.

l_e2f6f0478c31496ffc8c3160ac38575a_1299344523[1].jpg

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
here’s something to put in the ole pipe and smoke I financed a 21 Khaos last year. And I financed a 22 pro matrix this year it really keeps up at night trying to decide which one I want to ride.

C
Dec 14, 2020
I have poured money into mutual funds over the years.

I could pull the cash out tomorrow and pay off the sled. However, that cash is making me 9-12% every quarter.

Now, my loan costs me 2%. I'm still ahead 7-10% to leave my cash invested and use the banks cash.

Same with the truck and the house. Both under 3%, so while I could pay them off. I'm making more money paying a little interest and letting my cash make money.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
I have poured money into mutual funds over the years.

I could pull the cash out tomorrow and pay off the sled. However, that cash is making me 9-12% every quarter.

Now, my loan costs me 2%. I'm still ahead 7-10% to leave my cash invested and use the banks cash.

Same with the truck and the house. Both under 3%, so while I could pay them off. I'm making more money paying a little interest and letting my cash make money.
This guy gets it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Lots of ways of looking at this... bottom line is- can you afford it?

If you can pay cash for it and want to, cool.
If you can pay cash for it but your money can work better for you elsewhere, finance it.
You can't pay cash for it, but you have a steady income and money leftover, finance it... but you really should make a nice down payment (20-30%).
You have no money for a down payment but the dealer will finance 100% of it at 2.9%, walk out the door dummy- sleddings not for you :ROFLMAO:

Premium Features