• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DIY Watercraft thread

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
O

Ove

Dec 30, 2007
Norway
These motors seem to need some sort of cold air intake. When pipes are cold the sled is soo snappy and fresh but when all those pipes gets hot those carbs are fed that hot air.. It is a dawg. There seems to be alot left on the table there. Thats the next step for me, building an airbox.

Keep in mind that I shoehorned the motor in an mint 1993 Xlt Sks, it is crowded under there. No time tuning on it these days thoe....:brokenheart:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Mine is always out in the trailer ready to dissappoint
I need to either break down and give up on my crank shop 48 mm carbs, or just install the rack set I bought years ago, or buy some lectrons. Need some pipe work too, the pipe closest to the mag cylinder hit and broke the bolt off the ves cap.
I still have pipe dreams about it, I lost in a drag race to a stock axys. I'm certain it was a traction thing. I used the worst track on mine, the 166. But looking ahead I hope to find a Doo 165 take off , get some drivers cut for my cmx shaft, and win all day!
Also want to put it under the knife and raise my steering structure up closer to the bars like my old eltigre

I need to finish building my pickup before thinking about any sled builds, cough... rebuilds!

Last edited:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I've been meaning to put a new track in my wife's for 2 years now (even have the track), and mines still sitting on blocks with no track at all. Just never seem to have any time these days.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Jim (polarisrocks) where ya at buddy? Looking for another set of shafts, sent a PM a while ago havent heard back.

Hopefully he can crank out another set for me!

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
Haven’t checked in here for years and years. Missing the old 1200 today and feeling kinda nostalgic, so thought I’d stop in and say hi.

Does anyone remember who bought my old sled or know where it wound up? It was pretty tired when I let it go, wouldn’t be surprised if it wound up parted or scrapped. Man I miss that thing sometimes, had a lot of good times with that machine.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Ha! These things never die!!! Im swapping my 1200 ves into a pro rmk chassis in the members build section. Turbo twins arent for everyone!!

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
Ha! These things never die!!! Im swapping my 1200 ves into a pro rmk chassis in the members build section. Turbo twins arent for everyone!!

That’s one I would love to tackle. At this point I’ll have to settle for just finding time and funds to ride again. I’m still riding my ‘13 Pro, it’s only got 900 miles on it. I haven’t been in the mountains in three years. I got on with a mine in Tumbler Ridge as a HD tech though so now I have a nice rotation and an apartment in the mountains only minutes from 3 awesome riding areas. No more excuses, time to get back to living life.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Life changes, never seem to have enough time, this year I'm going to make time to get out again. mattymac said it best, turbo twins aren't for everyone. I need that smile the old girl gives you, if you've been there you know what I mean. oh and flying pig I still have those pipes for a gen 2 I bought from you back when sitting in the barn, just more dust on them.

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
Life changes, never seem to have enough time, this year I'm going to make time to get out again. mattymac said it best, turbo twins aren't for everyone. I need that smile the old girl gives you, if you've been there you know what I mean. oh and flying pig I still have those pipes for a gen 2 I bought from you back when sitting in the barn, just more dust on them.

Jay I can’t remember now if it was the CPIs you got from me or the crankshops? I never ran the CPIs, but between the Crankshops and the split second pipes the splits ran much much better. And they sounded just like jaws pipes. So crunchy at idle and man did they sing at 8600. 9915CCD9-D521-4376-8802-13EA8F5A77C5.jpeg

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
whos got what for parts nowadays? PAR parts? mag housings? flywheel hubs?

Anyone have anything left?

Complete engines for sale??

Got a buddy looking to do one and im trying to help him out but we need a few things that I dont have laying around.

allierae

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2012
Sylvan Lake Alberta
Hey its Oscar680, my account expired years ago so decided to hitch a ride on my GF's, Re did my sled back in 2015, 174 track, had Indy specialty go through the motor top to bottom, retrofit an elect water pump and built an air box, unfortunately i decided to start a business and never had the time to get it all back together, if anyone is interested i have tossed around the idea of parting it out, best is to shoot me an email oscar680@live.ca
IMG_0074.JPGIMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0019.JPGIMG_0056.JPG

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Still gathering parts. Got one more motor to finish up.

If anyone has a 1200 head

billet water rail

v belt pulley

billet manifolds

let me know please!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Hey its Oscar680, my account expired years ago so decided to hitch a ride on my GF's, Re did my sled back in 2015, 174 track, had Indy specialty go through the motor top to bottom, retrofit an elect water pump and built an air box, unfortunately i decided to start a business and never had the time to get it all back together, if anyone is interested i have tossed around the idea of parting it out, best is to shoot me an email oscar680@live.ca
View attachment 335804View attachment 335805
View attachment 335806
View attachment 335807View attachment 335808

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Oskar680, your in alberta aren't you? and this was in a iqr? I don't get on here much anymore, just saw this now. Is this still for sale? What all is for sale? Jay

Premium Features