• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DIY Watercraft thread

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I don't think there is enough room for pipes under the wedge hood?

Side note

Did three pulls on my ol 1200 yesterday! Forgot earplugs and my ears still ringing!

Tried to drag race an axys and lost, just barely. My 166 track wouldn't hook up where his 163 x 3" had nothing but hook up.

I made a way sweeter tail walk coming over the top

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
It's been over a year since my membership expired and I wasn't to concerned about it till I saw new posts on this thread :face-icon-small-con this thread I can't ignore. :face-icon-small-win

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Hi Josh, ya when I read that advice in one of his threads it made me laugh. Don't you hate racing guys like that? :face-icon-small-con

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ill get a hold of Kyle and see what he wamnts to do I think he has every thing cases cylinders crank carbs all of it

O

Ove

Dec 30, 2007
Norway
Nice sled! Has anyone built a watercraft powered wedge Polaris?

Mine is up now with the giant SLP pipes, one pipe goes over the clutch guard :) The engine compartment is alittle crowded.

Sled runs completely straight but these need the runningboards bolted better to the bulkhead and I left the 1993 Xlt runningboard coolers just bolted everything better together making it super stiff. Chassis is completely stiff now and sled runs straight. Motorplate is (I Guess Brad would make an better one) four stock straps (or maybe 2 rxl) with an 9mm alu plate on top and welded everything together, the machineshop was able to deck (cut) the face of the plate after the warpage :).

And it is silent! I built an exhaust can, hole thru the can is same area as all three of the stingers combined and three baffles, exhaust is sig-sag-sig-sag and out, that brakes the sound waves. Now the airsound is taking over but i would try to make an airbox the same way.

6sEbOwYlcIyn6PoXGFUSOwzWGjQIhjgaDgfkQkmjYuPTArTY-AUzjAYYJkQdsNWoF-CPF6jiSX6K1vvT9DIJ2psHRjEuIJLu6y13PVcfNiA0kAPbULyJU6Ifu_HAKiTgwT1ZtQY1c2UUHhX3iL5YDH8qLgyG7oJdvFKftlwPBktxu0f9LZkH8qNR7rxdkEnF9aXY6EkZD-3V2O8RK_v5TlFO-iT964tGgVTypATt6Qmx2C4tYxYDz-v1LKCCGaBbA9hOhUI7h0DXYfdas1iX0_0puOUdtPYJug2hxeoy9SRGk-Cd8pSd7W3gPs-BZSw_GbO4QOqlP1Utj7wgJuxVZLWKnnHMeNGgG0CTBNmfXda7OQwwfVzE7gt8qKnzrd-B8ylbhUxz6Sl5e4Ot54Uyy3Y5xqIGpRScLMP4qba_YLZ-hMDW-292FB7xXbyVkpvaoRpUT_K-3lel8Wq5qKyoiZ2FWxwZbwJ4Uz7GXWhwUm7fh6A9INT1uZ4PLccop50wWAVvwWmcnff3pwyhOWN7EWkNwsaOPgQEXwkbnGzZRJJ2e2C-5LYodsW3m3vAQx1PIZ11rznX3WyGsHZyXbZU0H4FTF5lXstQfU87j2Bh=w1579-h888-no

Last edited:
O

Ove

Dec 30, 2007
Norway
looks great! wedges always look real nice! I have the same pipe setup but my center pipe is too close to my mag cyl and has now ruined that ves mount bolt
You should dent that pipe a little, use big hammer or sledge and little by little tap a smooth dent over a bigger area. I had to do it, pto cylinder was rubbed alittle.

Last edited:
O

Ove

Dec 30, 2007
Norway
Airbox

These motors seem to need some sort of cold air intake. When pipes are cold the sled is soo snappy and fresh but when all those pipes gets hot those carbs are fed that hot air.. It is a dawg. There seems to be alot left on the table there. Thats the next step for me, building an airbox.

Last edited:
Premium Features