• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Disappointed in BEST Warrenty

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It is all about the dealer. I had a side panel decal literally start to fall off on my 2020 Expert. I took pics, gave them to the dealer, have a new decal. Honestly, they had decal issues last year and probably knew it. On both of my Experts, both sides were coming loose, I had to heat gun and reseal them before selling them. My 154 came with the left panel seated incorrectly, it warped the poo out of it. After 1000 miles, it was still a pain in the rear to get it to close correctly. The local dealer was willing to submit a claim on that but I didn't bother.

W
Apr 4, 2018
It is all about the dealer. I had a side panel decal literally start to fall off on my 2020 Expert. I took pics, gave them to the dealer, have a new decal. Honestly, they had decal issues last year and probably knew it. On both of my Experts, both sides were coming loose, I had to heat gun and reseal them before selling them. My 154 came with the left panel seated incorrectly, it warped the poo out of it. After 1000 miles, it was still a pain in the rear to get it to close correctly. The local dealer was willing to submit a claim on that but I didn't bother.

I agree, it seems it is all about having a good dealer. I've defiantly learned my lesson and won't be returning to that dealer in the future.

What frustrates me is that Ski-Doo should not try and weasel their way out of a claim because the dealer didn't write it up perfectly. I blame Ski-Doo more then I blame that dealer. There is known issues with the wiring on 2017's and they didn't stand behind it. It sucks paying a premium price for a spring check sled with extra warranty, only for the warranty to not be there when you need it.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
Had a 2017 Summit X 165 with a similar wiring issue, BRP replaced the entire wiring harness in warranty without any issues.......total out of pocket cost $50.
The Local dealer replaced the entire wiring harness in warranty without any issues as well on my 2017 Summit X 165 @ no cost to me, they did try to fix the injector connections twice before that & failed both times ( limp mode ) within a couple of rides.

It was a 2019 harness, never had a issue after that (y)

Last edited:

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
It all depends on the dealer? Here's some questions for you about being a good customer. I only ask these because I've learned thing go both ways. Do you continually give your dealer business including accessaries? Did you beat your dealer up on price or are you willing to pay a little more? When I say beat your dealer up I mean price check a few dealers and use it against him? I believe the short term gain isn't worth it if you have the correct dealer. I have three amazing stories which I'm not going to repeat just in case my dealer was working sightly out of the box. I would say all three stories saved me more than $2000 ea time. I would also say those brands and that dealer have gained a long term customer.

I'm also one who often speaks out about pricing checking many dealers to get the best price on this forum. Having a local dealer and one that is really willing to go the extra mile for you because you are good customer will pay way more than beating them up on price every year. I've learned this lesson may times over as became older and maybe wiser. The motor sport dealer I deal with never wins the price battle they're close, but everything I get on the customer service side is well worth it.

I find myself telling one of my three stories about once a month to someone. That also happens when you get older. Including this Saturday to the gentlemen parked next to me asking about my trailer. I gave the dealer and trailer company great praise because of the way I was treated on a issue I had. I have also sold lot of stuff for this dealer. What goes around comes around. I've actually walked customers into this store to help make a sale.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
So 8emup your the perfect customer?
A sale is final when both parties agree to the terms. You yourself said the dealer you deal with never wins the price battle but they're close. That implies that you do negotiate with them.
So if I walk into my local dealer and inquire, "hey so and so said they would sell me that model for XXXX could you match that price?" They would think, "yeah I can match that price but your gonna go on my bad customer list and we're not going to fight for any warranty issues for you."
All I'm saying is that I am still a customer and if that dealer is treating me different, I'm sure not gonna buy there again. The sale price of the vehicle should have nothing to do with your warranty claim.

Premium Features