• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dillon Area

ThSimpson

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2012
Holyoke, Colo
My nephews are bugging be to bring the sled trailer to MT for Christmas. They live outside of Dillon. What are the riding options? (I know the Snowy Range in WY). Something we could day trip to? An hour or two away. Trails and maps?

Option 2. Go to other Ranch in Ennis;

Which would we have best riding with novice teens? They know how to chase cows really well!

Thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
West Yellowstone and Island Park aren't too far away.
There is some decent riding in the Hamilton area.

H
Oct 8, 2019
Island Park has a ton of trials but you can certainly get off trail and do A LOT of back country riding. There is also some real good riding out around Ennis. I have a friend in the Dillon area so hope to be learning that country a little this winter myself.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
My nephews are bugging be to bring the sled trailer to MT for Christmas. They live outside of Dillon. What are the riding options? (I know the Snowy Range in WY). Something we could day trip to? An hour or two away. Trails and maps?

Option 2. Go to other Ranch in Ennis;

Which would we have best riding with novice teens? They know how to chase cows really well!

Thanks

West of Dillon is the Big Hole valley and some of the best alpine riding areas in the state of Mt. Issue will be xmas snow, check web sites, disregard the DARK HORSE lake scanweb, thats high elevation that you might not be able to get to at xmas , SWAMP CREEK/ TWIN LAKES ROAD between Jackson and Wisdon just drive until its all snowmobile tracks, if it slow snow call over to Polaris( area between Dillon and the Big HOle ) and check on the snow /Maverick Mt ski area. If its a low snow year then ride from POLARIS, MT up past the hot springs and road ride and trail ride the CRYSTAL PARK AREA, lots of big open meadow with very few land mines.

Premium Features