• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Digest Emails

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I might be missing it, but I can't find the setting to configure when I receive SW digest emails. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Scott
http://www.snowest.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Check this box if you'd like to OPT OUT of the Digest emails <label for="cb_cpf_field155_1"><input name="userfield[field155][]" value="1" id="cb_cpf_field155_1" type="checkbox">Opt Out of Weekly Digests</label>

Premium Members get a daily digest
Free Members get a weekly digest

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Actually I'm getting both dailies and weeklies. The last weekly was dated 11/28/14. I have recent dailies from 11/25-27, 11/29-30. Would like to get rid of the dailies if that's possible.

When I clicked the 'You can opt out of these emails by Clicking Here at any time' link in the Daily email, I got this message: "You have been removed from the SnowestOnline Digest mailing list." I then checked my UserCP and see that I have opted out of Weekly email.

My preference would be to continue to receive the weekly digest emails, and to stop receiving the daily digest emails.

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
After seeing that clicking the opt out link in the daily digest actually opted me out of the weekly digests, I went back and unchecked the box. So I am no longer opting out of the weekly emails.

The point I would like to make is that there is no current way to opt out of the daily digest...at least that I can see. I never opted in but am still receiving them.

What needs to be done is to provide the means to subscribe to daily emails separately from subscribing to the weekly emails. Right now it appears they are either 1. one in the same or 2. the dailies are arriving unsolicited.

The reason I'm sort of making a stink about this is two-fold.
  1. I used to design end user software using requirements and use cases. When something doesn't work like it's been specified, it gets fixed. This is one of those things, hence bringing it to your attention and giving you as much info as I can to reproduce it on your end.
  2. The Daily digest is 80-90% repeats from day to day, at least from my standpoint. To me that doesn't bring value. Just my opinion though.

Premium Features