• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Digest emails - DAILY vs WEEKLY

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I've always had the "digest email" feature turned on in my account preferences as I like to get the WEEKLY digest email. However, starting on 9/2, I'm also receiving DAILY email digests. I don't want these DAILY digests, but I want the WEEKLY. On the Account preferences page, there is still only one Digest checkbox, and it notes it's for the WEEKLY digest. What changed on the forum to trigger this new DAILY digest? and how does one disable the new DAILY digest while continuing to receive the existing WEEKLY digest?

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Weekly goes to all active members.
Daily goes to active premium members.
Don't know that the current code allows for an optional Opt-Out mechanism.
Best bet for the moment would be to set up a filter in your e-mail system by Subject Line, and just remove it from your visible e-mails that way.

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Thanks for the explanation, Chris. That must be new as I've been a lifetime premium member for many years yet these daily digests just started 9/2. Have received the weekly the entire time and now suddenly receiving weekly and daily. I'll do as you suggest and set up a personal email filter, but it would certainly be reasonable that a user be able to choose the frequency they receive a digest rather than it being based on subscription level/membership which assumes the frequency the user wants the digest. Is that something you can look into with the forum software provider?

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Hiya Christopher, I decided to opt out of the digest emails all together and the forum doesn't seem to be responding. In my preferences, I selected the "opt out of digest emails" checkbox and saved (see attached image). I did that 4 or 5 days ago and saved. Each day, I've continued to receive the daily digest and I also received the weekly digest email.

In any case, how do I opt out of the weekly and daily digest emails since the website checkbox, in the preferences section, is not doing it?

snowest opt out.JPG

Last edited:

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Chris or anyone,
Any insight into this? I'm still receiving both weekly and daily email digests even though my user preference has the "Digest Opt Out" selected (as shown above).

If I click the "stop receiving these emails" link in the email, will that stop only the digest or ALL emails from Snowest, even those I want, like topic notifications, etc.? That is what happened last time and you had to turn it back on so I'm hesitant to use that link.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris or anyone,
Any insight into this? I'm still receiving both weekly and daily email digests even though my user preference has the "Digest Opt Out" selected (as shown above).

If I click the "stop receiving these emails" link in the email, will that stop only the digest or ALL emails from Snowest, even those I want, like topic notifications, etc.? That is what happened last time and you had to turn it back on so I'm hesitant to use that link.
digest.jpg

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Thanks Chris. OK, I'll give that a try, but last time that unsubscribed me from ALL snowest emails including notifications that I wanted such as when a thread I started or was watching received emails. You gave me a hard time last time when you had to turn that back on for me. Ha. Maybe the new forum software has that separate and will only stop emails from the digest if I click that in the digest email. We'll see. I reserve the right to bug you to turn it back on if that doesn't work and it removes me from all emails. Ha.

In the meantime, are you checking with the forum software provider on why the "digest opt out" checkbox is not responsive? Thanks.

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Great googlymoogly! Something changed in the last day or two since I posted that. Just went to my login dropdown and there are two new sections. They are for the weekly and daily digest. If one clicks on those, you can subscribe and unsubscribe to the weekly and daily. I've unsubscribed and we'll see if that does the trick. The "digest opt out" button must have been replaced by this but the forum software still has it in both places. If you did that update, Chris, Thank you!

snowest opt out.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features