• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deep snow bog

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
I was at rabbits ears last weekend with mine and the same issue. Stock.
Based on the first photo I think some are not actually riding in “deep” snow... I have to constantly wipe away the snow from the intakes while riding and it stops the bog. Just have to let off throttle after clearing and get back on it. Good as new. This has only been an issue twice when there was over 3-4ft of fresh snow. Otherwise it’s flawless

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I was at rabbits ears last weekend with mine and the same issue. Stock.
Based on the first photo I think some are not actually riding in “deep” snow... I have to constantly wipe away the snow from the intakes while riding and it stops the bog. Just have to let off throttle after clearing and get back on it. Good as new. This has only been an issue twice when there was over 3-4ft of fresh snow. Otherwise it’s flawless

Plugged is plugged dude, that hood has a design flaw IMO that collects snow regardless of the depth. As you can see with the exact same sled on different snow depth days. Difference on the first pic, it was so cold I actually had Ice frost build up on the intakes from the steam. I do believe that big vent on the exhaust side could use something to prevent snow from always going in there.
4ft of snow in these pics easy, the guy in the pic is 6’3”

a916605a5e0f7e3c7aaa5a21c91ef7a0.jpg

28a8abe13ee64ba209b24cbc106edd48.jpg

These two pics are taken on the same day.

The sleds were brand new, they popped, and bogged this day.

Last edited:

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
Might be a flawed design with the top of the hood and intake, in deep snow at least. This thing really holds the snow and is even worse with the eyebrow piece. I noticed plenty of times that there was 6+ inches of snow piled up on top of the gauge cluster. The sled is just so much fun to ride everywhere else that I was surprised when this popped up. Ride faster or wheelie more might be a feasible solution. Stock can, and no eyebrow piece for this weekend is what I am going to try.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
I think all brands do this. My alpha does it, my 850t does it, my axys does it... Bottom line it is lame.

Any try the SLP powder valves? Do they work?

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Similar to others experiences on here - I've had back to back days on my turbo and then back on my 20 N/A Expert, the turbo will bog frequently. Usually it's the vents, sometimes its the exhaust. Turns like the one pictured below will stop the turbo pretty quickly but I can link turns like this on the N/A and it just powers through, not stopping to clear vents needed. I am going to look at the airbox tonight to see if the SLP valves would work.

View recent photos.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think all brands do this. My alpha does it, my 850t does it, my axys does it... Bottom line it is lame.

Any try the SLP powder valves? Do they work?

With boondocker intakes the axys no longer intake bogs. (Triple the intake area)

Exhaust bogging elimination only requires staying on the throttle 1/8-1/4”

I wonder how that would help all brands?

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Might be a flawed design with the top of the hood and intake, in deep snow at least. This thing really holds the snow and is even worse with the eyebrow piece. I noticed plenty of times that there was 6+ inches of snow piled up on top of the gauge cluster. The sled is just so much fun to ride everywhere else that I was surprised when this popped up. Ride faster or wheelie more might be a feasible solution. Stock can, and no eyebrow piece for this weekend is what I am going to try.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I think I would start choking and popping to if somebody stuffed 4 feet of powder down my throat ?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Yep, mine were peeling too right out of the box. Warranty covered them, no big deal.

Covered is covered, no bogs here at all. Just smiles all weekend.

cc4ee4f31271ae1fc6785032c6dbf73b.jpg
That's a good lookin' sled ratt there, but don't you think that some red/green anodized big wheel kit in the rear would make it look even better in the snow?
Maybe some "No Fear" stickers somewhere?

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I was unable to reproduce the bog this weekend with a diamond s can. Granted it was me piling the snow on and not Mother Nature so I think the density was less. Might be fixed might not be but regardless I am enjoying the snow that has been falling.

K

kj_oregon

Nov 22, 2017
Over-the-hood turns create instant bog for me. Stock vents, Silber can. Once I pound the snow off/through the larger side vent it goes back to normal. Hope someone comes up with a fix, the bog is pretty consistent when its super deep and light.

Side note: my buddies on Axys 850's with Silber Turbos experienced the same thing all day as well.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
That's a good lookin' sled ratt there, but don't you think that some red/green anodized big wheel kit in the rear would make it look even better in the snow?
Maybe some "No Fear" stickers somewhere?

Thanks dude.
Yep you are correct.
love the look of the black X, and its a perfect canvas for personalized touches, and sponsorship logos.

Feb 14, 2010
I like the Diamond S can, lightest weight can on the market, not much louder then stock.

M
Dec 11, 2018
This continues to be an issue for me, I have the side vents from Extreme. Running a silber can with an extended exit this year. Bogged 40+ times on the last two rides in handlebar deep snow. Maybe a windshield wiper on top of the hood to clear snow?? Haha.

M
Dec 11, 2018
This continues to be an issue for me, I have the side vents from Extreme. Running a silber can with an extended exit this year. Bogged 40+ times on the last two rides in handlebar deep snow. Maybe a windshield wiper on top of the hood to clear snow?? Haha.
Last years silber cans were very short and didn’t clear the opening, this year they extended them about 1”. I didn’t measure with anything calibrated, just my eye.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Had the bog problem last season with the Boondocker reactor can. Diamond s this year and no bog. Rode with a guy this past Sunday with a Silber can and he was bogging all day, he swapped for stock suitcase next day and bog was gone.

M
Dec 11, 2018
If diamond S is the way to go, so be it. But I wonder if anyone has experienced bogging with the Jaws can or not. I’ll be switching back to stock for the next two days and try my hardest to duplicate the issue. Thanks for the input!

M
Dec 11, 2018
Had the bog problem last season with the Boondocker reactor can. Diamond s this year and no bog. Rode with a guy this past Sunday with a Silber can and he was bogging all day, he swapped for stock suitcase next day and bog was gone.
Did the boon docker fill the engine compartment with exhaust?
I’m wondering if the lack of a seal, poor fitment, etc, is filling the engine bay with exhaust and when the vacuum valve opens on the air box the engine is sucking hot exhaust.

Premium Features