• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Skidoo - Love your sleds, hate your covers. Anyone else having this trouble?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is my THIRD cover. It was BRAND NEW at the beginning of this trip.

Cover.jpg

It would seem that the lower seat (I previously had the 47C seat on my 19 freeride) allows the cover to be loose and it destroys itself in rapid fashion. I've tried bungees, tightening the cover etc. Short of an enclosed trailer, I have no idea how to resolve this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
That is bizarre, never had an issue with skidoo covers. Sleds are up on a deck also. The only thing I can see is I have the rear seat tool box on my sled so the back elastic is wedged between my seat and the box. It fits a lot more snug and is probably preventing any wind lift.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
My 2022 Summit X 165 walk on cover has 1500 road miles, 2 trips, most at interstate speeds, and has developed 2 small holes under the strap that cinches the cover at the front of the seat. The strap buckle has rubbed a hole on one side and the strap has rubbed a hole on the other.

I just picked up the sled 3 weeks ago.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
i just bought a ride on cover to replace my intense cover that started to develop some holes after 4 seasons. Did you crank that strap down Coldfinger or was it loose?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I snugged it up so it wasnt loose nor was it overly tight. Just tried to remove slack in cover.

I just placed a small piece of the split foam pipe insulation over the strap and wrapped it once with duct tape to hold it on but I have not used it yet.

I still need to patch the small holes, about the size of a pencil. I may glue a 2” wide x roughly 8” long piece of canvas type material below the strap, on the cover, to prevent the strap from directly rubbing the cover.

Last edited:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My 2022 Summit X 165 walk on cover has 1500 road miles, 2 trips, most at interstate speeds, and has developed 2 small holes under the strap that cinches the cover at the front of the seat. The strap buckle has rubbed a hole on one side and the strap has rubbed a hole on the other.

I just picked up the sled 3 weeks ago.
My last cover had rips in the same spot. It also scuffed up the tank.

Premium Features