• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Santa, All I want in a 2021 Polaris RMK is....

J
Nov 25, 2019
Something I just thought about today while riding......move the 3 switches that are above the fuel cap.....I keep destroying them. @ $60 each it sucks to replace them.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Something I just thought about today while riding......move the 3 switches that are above the fuel cap.....I keep destroying them. @ $60 each it sucks to replace them.

Agreed.

Look at them funny and the trim ring breaks off the top or bottom edge.

Those switches are 90’s technology. (I hear the 90’s calling for them)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Owner requested changes to next Polaris Mountain sled

Subject

• “Shot” style capacitor starter. Huge weight loss and less mechanical
  • No break in bogging
  • No “fix” collar on driveshaft
  • Increased tunnel/bulkhead clearance
  • Reliable factory tether
  • Correctly aligned clutches from the factory
  • Snow check gear ratio choice for belt drive
  • Drivers that fit the track better and Anti-ratchet
  • Better rubber Ski dampener like the DuraPro
  • Fully clipped track
  • Cat style tunnel/cooling system that doesn't hold the snow.
  • Shorter tunnel with better cooling than current design
  • Stronger lower A-arms
  • Better shocks, 170lbs guys are bottoming out the factory mono tube
  • Snow check seat height choice, low, med, high
  • More Snow check track options
  • Snow check shock spring choices
  • Move foot loop higher or remove to reduce risk of foot/ankle/knee injury
  • Weight balance 50/50 from right to left
  • Snow check clutch weight choice. Not everyone rides at 8000’
  • Better pull rope
  • Snow check shorter running board option
  • Snow check Alpha style Polaris design single rail option
  • Snow check 3.5” pitch track option
  • Updated/new look body panels
  • Rear bumper, put handle up higher
  • Redesign spare belt holder that doesn't bend belt as much
  • Boondocker style cold air intake vent
  • Better factory scratchers for better cooling and reverse operation
  • 146” Pro RMK option other than the SKS
  • 4 yr warranty is Awesome, but engine reliability is paramount
  • Indy Lite RMK 3/4 size, beginner / Intro / smaller person sled, maybe a single 400cc and 550cc twin option
  • Better switches on console
  • I will continue to update this with valid feedback

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I had a dealer out of state call me about this thread. Their Polaris rep was already talking about our list of "Demands" he called it lol. The dealership said they would like to add that Polaris take the side of the customer more when warranty claims come in rather than a "Bean counter" position.

neden

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2016
Sweden
It would be nice if you could see if break-in mode is active/completed. Right now it's kind of a guessing game.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Does doo have a temp number other than just bars. My 850 3 inch has never ran hot.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
A narrower two rail skid with a new 3.5 pitch track, similar to a alpha track would be a sweet setup.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
new skid that acts as heat exchanger also. coolant lines come from driver area, steel braided. durable.
no more tunnel coolers.

BigK

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bountiful, UT
www.marshallradio.com
Khaos 850 163” w/ short 155 tunnel

Improved accessory tunnel mounting (ski doo has this down with their linq system), the venerable T slot could use a revamping.

love the idea of more snowcheck options (Polaris is light years ahead here with snow check exclusive options and colors, but adding seat height, clutch setup, gearing (as others have mentioned) would be great. This really gets customers excited to pony up in April, lock in an order on a new sled, and get a better value (while netting the Manufactuer more profit). Win win. so many riders are not your typical 5’10” 175 lb sledder, and having to go to the aftermarket to swap out Brand new parts, just cuz you have long arms or weigh a few pounds more (or less), is leaving money on the table for the OEM.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Definitely some great ideas but we all know we can only expect a couple.........

For sure they need the Khaos line expanded into the 163 and either have the Khaos with short tunnels or have a short tunnel option during snowcheck.

How about a simple tether.......???? Please its about time Polaris, we're talking about a minimal part that is a huge safety feature!!

The mention of the "break in" indicator again is something simple and I agree would be nice to know where the motor is actually at.

It's also time for a new track ( lug height and pitch )

Improved ski dampeners, how many more need to be replaced before someone recognizes it's time!!

These are just simple things that I hope Polaris are looking at, obviously my list, everyone's list is longer but it's time for some basic improvements.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Lower C.O.G probably isn't good in your mind either.

It’s a common goal in all Motorsports industries to reduce dead weight.

The common equation is 1# unsprung weight equals 10# of suspended weight in effect on handling.

Lower C.O.G. Is great, but if it is achieved through an unsprung weight penalty the overall performance/ handling suffers.

Most definitely not “in my mind”

Just physics.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^does the snow in the skid weigh more or less than a cooler, that is the question. bike swing arms aren't usually packing 5-25 pounds of snow. was just thinking kill two birds with one stone but it might not be greatest idea I know

J
Nov 25, 2019
Polaris needs to get away from any/all tunnel coolers.
Why add more weight to the skid by turning it into a cooler? The skid already holds enough weight due to the tunnel dripping on it.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
146" Khaos with 155" track. Or just make SC options for whatever track you want under whichever tunnel.
Factory tether.
Move the footwell cross bar up an inch.
Add Ride Command \ Buddy tracking to PIDD and make it compatible with Trailtech Voyager Pro.

Premium Features