• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer told me today that all snowchecks are being shipping mid December

R
Feb 13, 2021
I just had a conversation with my dealer and he said an email was sent to all dealers saying that snowchecks were going to be shipped mid December? Has anyone heard this? I thought some dealers were already getting them?

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Dealers are already getting snowchecks. NA 850 is most of what I have seen showing up. No boosts to my knowledge. There was an email every person that snowchecked got that said if your order would arrive before or after December 15. More info in the "any word on building sleds" thread.

Bowtie496

Lifetime Membership
Jun 7, 2010
Carey, ID
I ordered RMK Matryx Slash N/A 165 2.75 in purple. I received no email.
Checked with dealer, he was able to bring up the snowchecks from that dealership. Found mine on the list and it says Shipping sometime in January. There were 6 or so that said February, and another 6 or so that said March.
So if it shows before the December 15 dateline from the well circulated dealer email, I guess that's a bonus. Riding starts here generally end of November. Central Idaho here.
Not very happy about January delivery. This dealership has received one Khaos Slash N/A so far.

D
Dec 15, 2020
I ordered RMK Matryx Slash N/A 165 2.75 in purple. I received no email.
Checked with dealer, he was able to bring up the snowchecks from that dealership. Found mine on the list and it says Shipping sometime in January. There were 6 or so that said February, and another 6 or so that said March.
So if it shows before the December 15 dateline from the well circulated dealer email, I guess that's a bonus. Riding starts here generally end of November. Central Idaho here.
Not very happy about January delivery. This dealership has received one Khaos Slash N/A so far.
WOW! If mine showed up anytime after Christmas I wouldn't be a happey camper! Now say its Feb or March... Id be pissed and tell them to keep it cause my season is pretty much over and I'll wait for a 2023 at that point!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I just don’t get why they can’t keep us updated, it is not that hard
How many people Snowchecked?
30k?
50k?
100k?

How many employees and hours per day should be assigned to updating all snowcheck customers?

50 employees?
200 employees?
500 employees?

Have you tried hiring anyone lately?
Nobody wants to be employed.

Are those employees allowed to talk to dealers also?

Maybe do some other productive work?

Maybe build sleds?

When supplier shortages change every hour for 70 different supply companies in each of the 5 major product lines?

Does that make the “notifyers” work even possible?

R
Feb 13, 2021
How many people Snowchecked?
30k?
50k?
100k?

How many employees and hours per day should be assigned to updating all snowcheck customers?

50 employees?
200 employees?
500 employees?

Have you tried hiring anyone lately?
Nobody wants to be employed.

Are those employees allowed to talk to dealers also?

Maybe do some other productive work?

Maybe build sleds?

When supplier shortages change every hour for 70 different supply companies in each of the 5 major product lines?

Does that make the “notifyers” work even possible?
That is a naive response, this can all be automated. They have had since March to pay their web dev team to create a system that can automatically update. It really is that hard.

Also according to snowmobile.org "In 2021 there were 133,444 snowmobiles sold worldwide". Say polaris and skidoo account for 80%, and then split those numbers in half between the 2. And lets say half of polaris' numbers are snowcheck, that would mean there are less than 30k snowchecks. Even iF all of theirs are snowcheck that is a little over 50k. They can make a software that tracks that. It is not hard and would benefit the customers a ton.

Their net income was $125 million last year, they could spend $1 million to develop that software that would allow for this and still have $124 million net income. They just don't care about this type of customer service.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Welcome to 2021. Keep you updated on what exactly? The constantly changing and very vague ETA's that the manufacturers and their suppliers themselves are operating with? I have order screens from most major manufacturers in the powersports industry....and most of the ETA's on vehicle XYZ look something like:
11/14/2021 - 01/28/2022. And it might change 4 times before it arrives, and XYZ might still not show up until March. Or it could ship tomorrow and be sitting on your lot next week.. They really don't know, because the pieces and parts incoming have equally vague/ever changing dates. Things really are that messed up.

So for Polaris to say your sled will ship sometime between now and Dec 15th, is about as narrowed down as it gets. Might not look like it...but that was the update. ...that's them keeping you in the loop. Building stuff as fast as they can and will kick them out between now and Dec 15.

And relatively on time, given 2021. I have much larger manu's than Polaris that can't even say when they MIGHT starting building vehicles again....let alone shipping. Can't even round off to the nearest season....let alone month or date. Crazy times

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That is a naive response, this can all be automated. They have had since March to pay their web dev team to create a system that can automatically update. It really is that hard.

Also according to snowmobile.org "In 2021 there were 133,444 snowmobiles sold worldwide". Say polaris and skidoo account for 80%, and then split those numbers in half between the 2. And lets say half of polaris' numbers are snowcheck, that would mean there are less than 30k snowchecks. Even iF all of theirs are snowcheck that is a little over 50k. They can make a software that tracks that. It is not hard and would benefit the customers a ton.

Their net income was $125 million last year, they could spend $1 million to develop that software that would allow for this and still have $124 million net income. They just don't care about this type of customer service.

Funny.
Nothing you said addresses the completely destroyed global supply chain.

Or the fact that when demand outstrips supply by 1000% absolutely zero companies will keep pushing niceties vs concentrating all assets on production…….

Last edited:
R
Feb 13, 2021
Welcome to 2021. Keep you updated on what exactly? The constantly changing and very vague ETA's that the manufacturers and their suppliers themselves are operating with? I have order screens from most major manufacturers in the powersports industry....and most of the ETA's on vehicle XYZ look something like:
11/14/2021 - 01/06/2022. And it might change 4 times before it arrives, and XYZ might still not show up until February. Or it could ship tomorrow and be sitting on your lot next week.. They really don't know, because the pieces and parts incoming have equally vague/ever changing dates. Things really are that messed up.

So for Polaris to say your sled will ship sometime between now and Dec 15th, is about as narrowed down as it gets. And relatively on time, given 2021. I have much larger manu's than Polaris that can't even say when they MIGHT starting building vehicles again....let alone shipping. Can't even round off to the nearest season....let alone month or date. Crazy times
Sure this year is an extreme, but it doesn't change the fact that they could easily have had a system in place to automate communication.

You talk about an ETA, I bought a Tesla in the summer and they had an eta that was constantly moving. But I would rather have that then no communication at all, and everyone is just guessing because a friend of a friend went to a dealer and saw some sleds.

Send me an email that says "we are waiting on the 7s display, and logistics will update you when we get more info" or what ever the scenario is. There is no reason they can't have a system like this in todays age of technology. I find it inexcusable.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Sure this year is an extreme, but it doesn't change the fact that they could easily have had a system in place to automate communication.

You talk about an ETA, I bought a Tesla in the summer and they had an eta that was constantly moving. But I would rather have that then no communication at all, and everyone is just guessing because a friend of a friend went to a dealer and saw some sleds.

Send me an email that says "we are waiting on the 7s display, and logistics will update you when we get more info" or what ever the scenario is. There is no reason they can't have a system like this in todays age of technology. I find it inexcusable.
It’s not that I disagree…it’s just that it’s not going to happen this year. Or likely next year. So far from a lifetime of selling vehicles from large manufacturers …I have never seen production/delivery ETA’s and updates be anything but a PITA and a source of disappointment. Many different approaches; always the same outcome. The people who nerd out over the details will always be PO’d, and the people who know “it gets here when it gets here” are good to go. You can get all the updates in the world and it won’t make it come any faster.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Poo snowcheck # I was told "+20,000". I'm surprised they communicate directly to customers as much as they have. It's a third-party dealer sales business, and the multi-make dealer has the relationship for PG&A and cross sells across all lines and makes. Poo's snowcheck order configurator, front-end and back-end, rocks in the sled biz. Nothing else like it. That's where the money is best spent on customer-facing tech. AC would kill for such capability to sell and build. I don't understand why BRP has been so far behind in product config. Been around the biz for over 40 years, unprecedented times. Pretty sure Poo would LOVE to build and ship faster, too. Don't discount the ship-thingy, trucking is a mess, and gonna get worse.

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
I ordered a Khaos Matrix Slash 165/2.75, have not received any emails from Polaris yet, went to my dealer here in Minnesota and they said they just received a new update right before I got there that the delivery date for my batch of sleds was changed from December 15th to mid January. Also said it could show up 3 ways, complete, missing the gauge or not operable. they said they won't get any floor model sleds till March or April, they are thinking about just cancelling them. I'm pretty close to walking away from mine, probably going to pull the plug on this year. (of course it will probably be a record snow year) For me I have no confidence that it will even show up mid January, I will have already missed 1 of my trips out. Tired of it taking up space in my head, time to move on and try again next year.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I have two snowchecks, one of them a Khaos Slash 165. Here's the text of an email message I received from Poo on October 8, after contacting customer connections. I never received the original email blast that was sent in September, and was inquiring why/status:

"Thank you for contacting Polaris!

We apologize that you didn’t receive the e-mail. I have confirmed the e-mail address on-file is accurate, so please also check your spam/junk folders in case! Below is the information provided in the e-mail for your reference, and at this time we are anticipating your sled's will be ready to ship by December 15th.

We have been working diligently to build and ship 2022 SnowCheck snowmobiles out of Roseau, Minnesota. As you are aware, there have been significant global supply chain challenges, and we have been affected by a number of these. This is an incredibly dynamic environment, with component availability changing daily.

Beginning this week, we will begin shipping 2022 SnowCheck orders. Some of these sleds will be complete and ready to ride, and some may be missing some delayed components. We will be shipping the delayed components to the dealer separately, and the dealer will complete the installation of these components.

We will send you an email notification when your sled ships, and let you know if it is ready to ride, or if any components are delayed. From there, your dealer will receive any delayed components, and notify you when the sled is ready to pick up and ride."

The dates may have slid, like others. I intend to take delivery, regardless. The supply chain issues will extend way into next year, some may just be different. Loss in value will be less than the past. If deliveries get extended into 2022, there's a chance Poo, and other OEMs, will need to offer something, alla a golden ticket good for a couple seasons, to snowcheck customers. Dealers have been taking the brunt of the customer complaints, UTVs, sleds, and are going to start begging for some relief for their best and loyal customers. Poo needs to share in the pain, too. We'll see.

R
Feb 13, 2021
I ordered a Khaos Matrix Slash 165/2.75, have not received any emails from Polaris yet, went to my dealer here in Minnesota and they said they just received a new update right before I got there that the delivery date for my batch of sleds was changed from December 15th to mid January. Also said it could show up 3 ways, complete, missing the gauge or not operable. they said they won't get any floor model sleds till March or April, they are thinking about just cancelling them. I'm pretty close to walking away from mine, probably going to pull the plug on this year. (of course it will probably be a record snow year) For me I have no confidence that it will even show up mid January, I will have already missed 1 of my trips out. Tired of it taking up space in my head, time to move on and try again next year.
Yeah I am trying to decide if I find a last year leftover or if I wait it out. I don't have a snowmobile, as I am getting back into it from a few years off.

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
My dealer just told me that the Matryx 650 155" electric start I have coming is scheduled to be here in March. Sucks that our season is pretty much done in March, but to be a dealer right now would really suck.

Premium Features