• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Darn detonation code

Qwkrunner

Premium Member
May 19, 2019
Sled 2020 xc 850 out of break in and now turns 8500rpm and freakiing det code seems to always pop up now , in premium fuel mode! Ive thrown in more weight in to keep rpm's down but seems 75.8grams is not enough ! Could it be my over reving?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

D
Dec 2, 2012
Quahog
lots of reports of det on facebook and hcs. Eastern north american fuel availability limited to ethanol fuels. Run 91 premium no ethanol. My 850 assault turns 8100 right where it should be.

Qwkrunner

Premium Member
May 19, 2019
Yeah in ethanol mode its ok .just find that weird ,i run 91 octane non ethanol and it never did it in break in mode..just dont like loosing performance.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
qwkrunner:

The ECU on the patriot is VERY sensitive to change in RPM, so if you pin it and hit 8500 quickly, it will throw det code, and some other interesting feedback (like falling on it's face on overspeed and you going over handlebars if not prepared!!!). As said above......add weight....you want the engine to do something with all that power. 8000-8250 is lots. My RMK plays there all the time but I added the last gram or so to keep it from overrevving in blower pow and remove it in spring condiitons as the snow loads up clutching way more...

Adjustable weights help with the fine tuning as well if you find you're having issues

So....^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what they said!

Good luck.

OTM

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
qwkrunner:

The ECU on the patriot is VERY sensitive to change in RPM, so if you pin it and hit 8500 quickly, it will throw det code, and some other interesting feedback (like falling on it's face on overspeed and you going over handlebars if not prepared!!!). As said above......add weight....you want the engine to do something with all that power. 8000-8250 is lots. My RMK plays there all the time but I added the last gram or so to keep it from overrevving in blower pow and remove it in spring condiitons as the snow loads up clutching way more...

Adjustable weights help with the fine tuning as well if you find you're having issues

So....^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what they said!

Good luck.

OTM
As he said, try some slp weights, thier loaded pretty heavy down low where you need the load, I use them with no issues, as soon as I try a pol weight than I get det codes if I chop the throttle.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
There is no guarantee the 91 premium non ethanol fuel at the gas pump is good enough quality to avoid detonation.

Premium Features