• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom built tunnel. Budget Nytro build

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
6061-T6 bends just fine if you obey the 4+ x thickness rule with your bending dies. If you need a tighter radius you can remove the temper by getting the bend line up to 300 degrees F (a mark from a Sharpie marker will burn off at about 300 degrees, for a cheap indicator. As does the soot from a carbonizing Oxy/Ace flame).

Since you seem determined to powder coat everything anyway, you may just as well stick to the 5xxx series aluminum. As the powder coat process bakes at over 300 degrees F anyway and takes the heat treatment out of the heat treated aluminum alloys.

I'm not a Yammi fan but I would like to have access to your work tools.

Build on!

You can't do any worse than the half baked stuff that Skinz produces, IMO.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Problem 1: I don't have a Yamaha clutch puller.
Problem 2: I don't want to order one online and wait for it to get here.
Problem 3: I refuse to pay dealer prices for one.

Solution: Google dimensions and whip one up quick.

Finished

Is the thread size M18 x 1.5?

More boost!

Last week I spent a couple hours at Kens shop (the owner of Push Turbo), he's a great guy that really knows his stuff about anything boost related. He hooked me up with a headshim, ARP studs and a few other odds and ends. I also have on order a new fuel control box and an extra plug in injector. I'm planning on running 15-17psi this year on pump gas!
Got the heart of the beast pulled out last night and made a makeshift workbench that actually holds the engine pretty well. I've been reading all the threads I can find about adjusting the timing but I'm still feeling pretty lost on the subject. I do have a cam timing jig to use but I don't really know where to start. If anyone has some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Premium Features