• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cracked footwell support bracket

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
Anybody have a good solution for aftermarket on this? TKI does not carry one and I couldn't find anybody else that makes aftermarket footwell support brackets...only the stirrups. Well, My stirrups are fine but for some reason the support bracket took a hit and crumbled. TIA

footwell.jpg

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
When you strengthen one thing, you put more stress on another.

I personally like the break away foot zone for safety and not jacking up the tunnel. Running boards and this area are wear parts as needed.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
When you strengthen one thing, you put more stress on another.

I personally like the break away foot zone for safety and not jacking up the tunnel. Running boards and this area are wear parts as needed.
I agree with this, but these break too easily imo. I’ve done two this year, and saw three break this week. $800 is a lot for aftermarket, but if they hold up I’d take my chances. The hits I’ve seen that break the over structure probably wouldn’t have done anything to the tunnel. I know of a couple companies that are coming out with similar options as backwoods bmp. They should be a better price too.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I agree with this, but these break too easily imo. I’ve done two this year, and saw three break this week. $800 is a lot for aftermarket, but if they hold up I’d take my chances. The hits I’ve seen that break the over structure probably wouldn’t have done anything to the tunnel. I know of a couple companies that are coming out with similar options as backwoods bmp. They should be a better price too.
$800 does seem excessive but you can stay home and go broke. No sense going to work and go broke. They do make nice stuff.

Premium Features