• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CR Racing YZ450 Intake ?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Exactly. Best way to run the Yamaha’s that we have found in Utah snow. We don’t even cut holes in the sides. Just a pre-filter over the dry filter and then stuff all the rest of it closed with foam. Works awesome

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
keep in mind, if you are stuffing the holes like needpowder then you want to use open cell foam that air can pass through. If you are going frogzskins use closed cell foam to block the front scoops altogether.

N
Just bought a '17 yz450f to pair with a '16 MHST I bought this fall, gearing up the basics to get it started as a snowbike. I think I am going to try the frogskinz/plugged front intake first, seems like a economical fit which would let me get some more goodies for it off the hop.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
I tried the c3 today. Works well, a little quieter, but it gets a ton of steam from the motor heat, which makes me worry about throttle body icing. Probably going to go back to the sac tapper 3000 (Cr racing) it definitely wins for overall function. Probably just wear a cup and earplugs and call it good.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Just bought a '17 yz450f to pair with a '16 MHST I bought this fall, gearing up the basics to get it started as a snowbike. I think I am going to try the frogskinz/plugged front intake first, seems like a economical fit which would let me get some more goodies for it off the hop.
After you ride if you are throwing your bike in a warm garage pull off the airbox cover and brush the snow off of your filter so it doesn’t drain down into your intake. I don’t worry about it if I am leaving my bike in the truck overnight to ride again the next day since it will probably be frozen still. If I think it’s going to melt I brush it off.

Premium Features