• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

corona virus

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Are you people ready to take back our normal yet?
It's not gonna be back to the way things were before this , the media and those that hate their jobs will make sure of it . Why should any of these people go back to work ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Come out in the world and find out or stay under the rock and think you know why. Cross the street and take a chance of getting hit by a car or stay on your block for the rest of your life. What do you pick. Can't stay home waiting for a cure or down to zero. Not feasible. Ive worked the whole time and not even worried. If it wasn't an election year we wouldn't hear anymore about it. Fear and control.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This is the frustrating thing, I know alot of really smart people that simply refuse to see that this is political.
That's hard to cope with.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Come out in the world and find out or stay under the rock and think you know why. Cross the street and take a chance of getting hit by a car or stay on your block for the rest of your life. What do you pick. Can't stay home waiting for a cure or down to zero. Not feasible. Ive worked the whole time and not even worried. If it wasn't an election year we wouldn't hear anymore about it. Fear and control.

I'm not sure if you're directing the first sentence at me? or just a general reply? If the former, I've been working, covering a large territory in the medical field the entire time. I'm not presuming to have any answers about the dilemma i posted, but being near the front line of this thing and working directly with those who are treating the patients hasn't provided any concrete answers. I was at a hospital on wednesday morning this week that has 200 covid patients and the respiratory doctors were having this very discussion. We have no choice but to get life back to "normal" but with some sensible cautions. These continued lock downs after the curve has flattened, is exactly as you say, imo.

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Maybe try both?

Get on with life.
Have some empathy.

Most of our rural area is still at work, yet practicing sensible caution. I feel for those who suffer from overkill cautionbut especially empathize with those who have buried or been separated from loved ones as a direct result of the virus.

Yes, there’s political exploitation and damage.

That does not mean it’s all bullshit.

There are many examples of ignorant defiance that came back to bite large groups with large outbreaks and death.

If you’re like me and naturally live a social distanced life by the grace of circumstances, be grateful you’re not living among those who can’t escape many issues that hit dense populations hard.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Empathy ? you have no idea what people are doing to benefit themselves over this situation in populated areas . I'm seeing both sides and one side is just pillaging , the other side has to work .

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
How is that a conflict with empathy?

You can empathize with the workers and the direct victims and still despise those that take advantage.
Bad people being bad people doesn’t mean there’s no virus causing death and setbacks.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
How is that a conflict with empathy?

You can empathize with the workers and the direct victims and still despise those that take advantage.
Bad people being bad people doesn’t mean there’s no virus causing death and setbacks.
Oh I do not doubt that there is a man created illness. Problem is that I strongly suspect the "experts" have intentionally discouraged treatments that were known to have positive effects and recommended treatments with little to no positive result history. Much like a magician distracts your attention while the slight of hand easily deceives you.
Something is just not right with any of this.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
A few weeks ago we went to church (I will admit that it was to make a statement because I've seen through this hoax all along), but anyway the Pastor doesn't say "Good to see you" or anything like that. No, he instead says "This is closed to the public for a reason". Fast forward to now, everything in town is open....except for some of the churches including ours. Our Pastor brags about how often he eats out at the local restaurant (like he's a brave rebel) but somehow Church is dangerous? C'mon!

Anyway, Friday we were planning for my father's funeral and Pastor is emphasizing about how we must limit who can come to keep it safe. So I suggested that we have the service at the grocery store (because evidently that must be safe because there's never been any concern about crowds there). Got a laugh out of everyone...except the Pastor. He's a good man, but he's not a leader.

(Sorry, I simply couldn't tell this story without the funeral info for context. Please don't derail thread with condolences. Thanks)

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Good stuff Mafesto. Here's another video link that seems to hit many points:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
So everybody is taking sides , it's the chinese , the politicians , pets , cardboard boxes , non social distancing and not lets forget the media for totally freaking people out . Nobody is dialing into the actual groups of people that are having the toughest time with this virus . I see the Navajo nation made the papers , Michigan has left quite a mark and of course lets not forget the millions over on the east coast and the big state of Texas asses . Starting to see it yet ?

Some quack came up from Washington to visit the villages , he passed his CV rapid test but there was no mention of self quarantine for 14 days . Everyone that gets off a plane is asked to do this so why does he get the free pass ? Must of ate the magic apple , these villages have no incentive to actually work a job , they are indigenous people that are extremely unhealthy , but do collect dividends , not much different face value wise from the Navajo Nation and than there's Michigan a state where the great lakes is a cesspool for immigrants and welfare cases with generations of single parents . See it yet ? The other two have bragging rights on population .

You would think that the politicians would be fearful but with the best health care that we could possible provide them I guess they have a fighting chance . Thank goodness for elevators , could you imagine the death toll .

This country is so screwed unless the whole intent is for this virus to get rid of the hand outs because this country will not survive the endless welfare cases ............now that is twisted .

Premium Features