• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooker / Food Heater?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Have a feeling I (sadly) know the answer but.. Anyone know of a setup for a Hotdogger / cooker of some sort for a snowbike? Sooo nice having hot food on the trail with the sled, kind of gotten used to it haha.
Looked at the header on my '18 450 SX-F, doesn't seem to be much in the way of real estate. I would think that the muffler area would see a lot of residual snow, and negate the heat provided?

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
i do burritos and sandwiches in aluminum foil inside my engine blanket and on top of my crank case. They stay fairly dry and after about an hour of riding my foods warm!

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Firebox Nano twig stove. Collapses to flat nothing, lightweight and burns hot with twigs and branches. Also serves as an emergency cook stove and snowmelter with Esbit solid fuel pellets.

S
I spent lots of time and was determined to make one work but so far have not gotten anything to be hot enough. I started by building a bracket that holds the hot pot next to the cylinder. After 4 hours of riding, my food was barely warm. There's just no room in there to mount it to the pipe. I still haven't given up yet. I just need a revelation on what to try next.

20181006_132443.jpg 20181006_132616.jpg

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
I started carrying a small MSR cooker and a tin cup. Great for daily soups or a smart item in a survival situation. Works great! You can also cook soups right in the can.
.74634327_2137427999895608_4281624924260401152_n.jpg

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
How does it work for winter use? I decided against one as I was told the fuel canisters don’t work so well in cold weather.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
How does it work for winter use? I decided against one as I was told the fuel canisters don’t work so well in cold weather.

Never an issue. I originally got it for summer pck trips and started to bring it along on the sled and snowbike. Good fuel for riding when you can eat a sandwich and can of Progresso soup mid day! I will also bring Mountain House Food with and boil water to prepare the food. That works great when you want to split food with someone!

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Good to know, I went with a solid fuel Esbit thinking the canisters wouldn't be reliable.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Some good options. Might have to look into a little stove type setup.
Was just hoping to keep more stuff from the tunnel bag and such is all.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
There was a guy on here making a high temp cover for a hotdogger but I don't think it ever worked
I mounted a cooker on my YZ 450, had a good spot on the pipe with enough room and that pipe is freaking hot, but snow kicked up sucked all the heat out of it Built a shield to keep snow from flinging up from the track, still cold food.
Gave up on the idea

Premium Features