• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important COOKE CITY is asking for HELP in rebuilding.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Take a sec and watch this short video.
As sledders who all love Cooke City and what it offers us, this is a pretty simple way for us to lend them a hand in return!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If they plow from Pilot to Cooke. The WY trail system will be abolished, that is what we have been told in the past.
The fight is on again to keep it open. Logistically there isn’t room in Cooke for another 50-100 trailers.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Got overrun with people from states to the east so it seems like it gets tracked out really fast now. Especially with more capable sleds. One big thing is the Soda Butte bar/hotel was bought out by foreign entities and they are running it into the ground. We used to stop in there and eat at the end of a day trip riding and we don't anymore. Owner of the Cat shop said that people avoiding the Soda Butte and not coming to town has dropped his and other business' foot traffic down significantly. The Polaris/Doo dealer closed up. Everyone shops for the best deal on sleds now and you're just not going to find that in small, remote towns like Cooke.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Got overrun with people from states to the east so it seems like it gets tracked out really fast now. Especially with more capable sleds. One big thing is the Soda Butte bar/hotel was bought out by foreign entities and they are running it into the ground. We used to stop in there and eat at the end of a day trip riding and we don't anymore. Owner of the Cat shop said that people avoiding the Soda Butte and not coming to town has dropped his and other business' foot traffic down significantly. The Polaris/Doo dealer closed up. Everyone shops for the best deal on sleds now and you're just not going to find that in small, remote towns like Cooke.
Gotcha. Yeah we stayed at Soda Butte and it was a dump haha. Lots of Minnesota plates around

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Logistically there isn’t room in Cooke for another 50-100 trailers.
Hmm
The city COULD rise to the occasion if they really wanted to and IF those 50-100 trailers were dependable.
Business is business.

As it is, I HATE towing a full size trailer to cooke.
I always prefer my little 2 space open trailer.
Small and more maneuverable and I can always find a spot to park it.

Premium Features