• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Congrats to cat

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I notice a common theme here . . .

The heavier sleds ALWAYS want to talk about RTR weight.

If you want to know what the SLED weighs . . .weigh the freakin' SLED by itself - - - DRY!

There . . . i feel better :)

You are exactly right. That is what started all the wet weight bs. Then they went to weight with snow to lessen the fact. Even though you are right on that, you don't ride them dry. The whole thing, either way, is just comparison but people take it too far. If it was a bike or 4 wheeler nobody would care but snowmobilers are crazy that way.
As far as the 9.5 gallon doo tank, they are fine. The right snow and you need to pack fuel with any of them.

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Saying that might sound good on the forum .. . but in real life, will have a serious impact on resale value if you ever plan to sell it. Just sayin :)

I know its difficult to comprehend but i said, "hidden in low snow." Its more of an analogy between arctic cat strength and weak that is polaris.
But for resale there is alaways craigslist:)
Clean sled!
Only trail ridden!
Stored in heated shop!
Only hauled in enclosed trailer!
Freshly rebuilt engine.......oh wait thats polaris & ski doo.:eyebrows:

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I have never been brand loyal as long as it's made in Roseau, Minnesota.
Does Polaris's Mexico facility count? Maybe sister facility? Or seniorita facility?
:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-win:pizza::):bowl::pizza:

A
Jan 28, 2010
18 cat within 15 lbs of axys with a lot more power I've already seen the out come when you line then up in 3 ft of fluff cat wins hands down. The real loser is the skidoo what a pos

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
let me see if i have this straight
skidoo first year chassis
polaris 2nd year chassis that
cat 7 year old chassis (that they finally put some research and money into to fixing deep rooted flaws that has kept them in 3rd place for years )
yeah cat your awesome

Seriously? 2nd year chassis old for Poo?

When i look a Axys, i see a same thing than 2011 Pro-Ride! BUT... like the Proclimb, sled have some improvement with years (14' Pro-ride = belt drive, some glue and lightweight part, 16' Axys = new panel, new suspension drop bracket, new track, taller spindle, new engine) and Yes, you have a world of difference when you drive a Pro-ride and a Axys.... and i can say that rear tunnel section is same than Dragon!!:devil:

:juggle::juggle: XP/XM use the same way... a world of difference when you drive it..

And because Proclimb and Ascender look similar, your bashing his marketing way....:face-icon-small-fro

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
18 cat within 15 lbs of axys with a lot more power I've already seen the out come when you line then up in 3 ft of fluff cat wins hands down. The real loser is the skidoo what a pos

I see you tryna get in the good books bashing doo :juggle:

But let's be real the main point of your post was how excited you are that your brand new cat is going to finally be better than a late model polaris. Couldn't be happier for ya bud :)

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
He wasn't downing the new engine. He just told the truth. He said it's rippier and snappier off the bottom but comparing the ctec to a zuke, they were pulling the exact same weight in the clutches. Hence the same top end power. He also said it felt almost exactly like the mountain cat from last year, probably because it is the exact same thing. So for cat to call it an all new chassis just isn't true.

His message was very clear, "I make more money selling Polaris turbo builds". The guy isn't stupid, he's not going talk up something that may hurt his custom axys builds. You don't bit the hand that feeds you and right now that clearly is polaris in his case, so no I don't really put much stock into his review.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Seriously? 2nd year chassis old for Poo?

When i look a Axys, i see a same thing than 2011 Pro-Ride! BUT... like the Proclimb, sled have some improvement with years (14' Pro-ride = belt drive, some glue and lightweight part, 16' Axys = new panel, new suspension drop bracket, new track, taller spindle, new engine) and Yes, you have a world of difference when you drive a Pro-ride and a Axys.... and i can say that rear tunnel section is same than Dragon!!:devil:

:juggle::juggle: XP/XM use the same way... a world of difference when you drive it..

And because Proclimb and Ascender look similar, your bashing his marketing way....:face-icon-small-fro

believe what you want but the axis is dramatically different than the pro new tunnel,new bulkhead new suspension ,new engine . equals a new chassis

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Must be true if google says Cat is the best
29f8bad1aa1130e29ad6dc2c54f4c3d7.jpg

2018 will be even better!

A
Jan 28, 2010
I see you tryna get in the good books bashing doo :juggle:

But let's be real the main point of your post was how excited you are that your brand new cat is going to finally be better than a late model polaris. Couldn't be happier for you.

If polaris comes out with something new in 18 and it proves to be better than the cat on the mtn. I will be the first to admit it.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
His message was very clear, "I make more money selling Polaris turbo builds". The guy isn't stupid, he's not going talk up something that may hurt his custom axys builds. You don't bit the hand that feeds you and right now that clearly is polaris in his case, so no I don't really put much stock into his review.

Ummm. He can make money selling turbo cats as well. Have you seen his mountain cat from last year? It's every bit as built as the poo's he builds. You say he is smart, so why wouldn't he want to sell cat builds as well as axys builds? His review is more believable than 90% of cat dealers out there.

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Ummm. He can make money selling turbo cats as well. Have you seen his mountain cat from last year? It's every bit as built as the poo's he builds. You say he is smart, so why wouldn't he want to sell cat builds as well as axys builds? His review is more believable than 90% of cat dealers out there.

How come you never hear about these cat builds? All I ever seem him associated with are his Polaris builds, why is that?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
How come you never hear about these cat builds? All I ever seem him associated with are his Polaris builds, why is that?

Cat sales are down from Polaris quite a ways, so it's pretty obvious you hear about Polaris more. That doesn't mean that he charges more for a Polaris build than a cat build.

Premium Features