• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Concept High Performance Front A-Arm Suspension by Skinz

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
We are offering the Concept High Performance Suspension by Skinz

Easy Safe and Secure Ordering: http://www.gobigparts.com/SPG-A-ARM-KITS-WITH-SHOCKS-FOR-POLARIS.html

A-Arm Kits with Shocks for Polaris:
• Significant improvement in handling
• Improved sidehill and technical riding capability
• Corrected spindle location – Moved forward 1.5”
• Corrected Geometry for more predictability
• Includes billet machined shortened spindles for less drag
• Kits with shocks include the Fox Evol R Kashima coated shocks
• TIG welded 4130 chromoly construction
• Durable powder coated finish
• Includes all hardware and parts for complete installation

As always if you have any question please contact me.

randy@gobigparts.com

241-03410-37EFB.jpg

Added for the ones that can't read past page 1.
Well I got a chance to connect with Skinz and ask some questions around the Concept front suspension for the Axys. They work really hard and spend a lot of time measuring, designing, testing, obtaining feedback from the pro riders, dealers and themselves, then retesting before releasing a front suspension. They not only look at the front suspension but the relationship to rear suspension and weight distribution. Everyone knows the Axys rocks in stock form but Skinz also feels the perfect machine still does not exist. So that is what drives them. Their goal was to build a front end that allowed a more fluid and predictable riding style.

So I am told the outcome was excellent. “A plus forward front end allows the rider to do more, ride more, be less fatigued and perform at a higher lever on the machine. Better steep terrain control, improved turning capability, it removes the erratic behavior, holds a side hill better and on steeper terrain. We change almost everything. Caster angle, spindle location, A-Arm upper & lower spindle mount points. Our front ends have an adjustable steering mount to completely remove bump steer and dial it in. We have adjustments to make camber angle adjustments. Our front ends are the right strength for the machines”.

I know they sold a ton of there kits for the Nytro because of the way it transformed the sled. Now you see a lot of pros running this kit on their Axys. I see comments that its because they are given to them well that is not all true. They work together to make this front end as good as it is and if there wasn’t advantages in the behavior of the sled they would just go to the next aftermarket front end.

The materials used are 4130 CA and have fully boxed structure aluminum upper a-arm making them strong and lightweight. They also provide their own Fox shocks which the worked with fox to develop their own unique tune and set-up for and is branded with Skinz and Fox on the shock.

So these guys are making these products here in the US in their fully equipped shop. They have many capabilities and can process almost anything. This is not just a light weight A-arm set that are already available through other aftermarket companies. This is a total rethink and very well tested product designed to make a better handling sled.

Last edited:

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
We are offering the Concept High Performance Suspension by Skinz

A-Arm Kits with Shocks for Polaris:
• Significant improvement in handling
• Improved sidehill and technical riding capability
• Corrected spindle location – Moved forward 1.5”
• Corrected Geometry for more predictability
• Includes billet machined shortened spindles for less drag

If all these factors are "corrected" with this new suspension can you share with us what is thus wrong or incorrect with the stock front suspension?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
If all these factors are "corrected" with this new suspension can you share with us what is thus wrong or incorrect with the stock front suspension?

Well some people just need to have the best. You know everyone replaced their A-arms last year and many before they even ever rode their sleds because of bending issues some had. I for one like the way the Axys handles in stock form but there are always things that can be improved upon.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I am curious as well, They are effectively lengthening the sled that will make it more stable and handle slower. The way they make is sound, there is handling problem with the AXYS chassis and I am unaware of any. In fact think all of their kits for all makes move the ski mount further forward on the chassis. Do all the manufactures have "their" chassis' wrong? How does it improve the handling over stock geometry as advertised?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Which one of you critics has actually rode one. You all sound like one of my kids that doesn't like their meal but hasn't tasted it.

I had a zbroz front suspension. Rode my buddy's Skinz. Switched immediately. I would give up my turbo before my Skinz suspension and I have been riding turbos since you had to build your own.

It takes everything a Axys or Pro does and makes it better. WAY better. It's no comparison at all.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

In turn, what is so right about the stock suspension? Please, elaborate.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Which one of you critics has actually rode one. You all sound like one of my kids that doesn't like their meal but hasn't tasted it.

I had a zbroz front suspension. Rode my buddy's Skinz. Switched immediately. I would give up my turbo before my Skinz suspension and I have been riding turbos since you had to build your own.

It takes everything a Axys or Pro does and makes it better. WAY better. It's no comparison at all.

Thanks for the story Dad!
I actually have ridden a set and it performs well, I'd agree with that, but I would not say that it does any particular thing better it's just different which is good for marketing.

All we (the "critics") are looking for is someone to explain why these charges were made and what it does better without getting offended that (some) people like to have information about available products .

Last edited:

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Well some people just need to have the best. You know everyone replaced their A-arms last year and many before they even ever rode their sleds because of bending issues some had. I for one like the way the Axys handles in stock form but there are always things that can be improved upon.
Thank you for replying!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If you truly want answers to the technical questions, you need to call Jake at Skinz. I know the changes made but do not know the thought process in those changes. Only Jake would have accurate answers.

When guys jump on my sled and come back with "I couldn't do that on my stocker". To me that is better, a lot better. It rolls on edge easier but has a bigger more forgiving sweet spot. It will hold lines better. Like I said everything the Axys or Pro does but better.

Seriously if you want tech answers. Talk to Jake. He has a reason for everything and they are constantly testing different configurations to see what works and doesn't.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I have not had the opportunity to ride one of these to campare. Just wanted to make you aware of what is available. To me the kit does look to have very high quality materials as well as better shocks than what the stock suspension has. The new spindles look pretty slick. We know we had some weak spindles and A-arms last year. These look to be addressed with this kit. Not sure how moving them forward 1.5" has helped. Some say it does. To me it would seem like with an extended wheel base the sled would feel longer. Maybe less twitchy in a tight turn.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If you truly want answers to the technical questions, you need to call Jake at Skinz. I know the changes made but do not know the thought process in those changes. Only Jake would have accurate answers.

When guys jump on my sled and come back with "I couldn't do that on my stocker". To me that is better, a lot better. It rolls on edge easier but has a bigger more forgiving sweet spot. It will hold lines better. Like I said everything the Axys or Pro does but better.

Seriously if you want tech answers. Talk to Jake. He has a reason for everything and they are constantly testing different configurations to see what works and doesn't.

Funny thing is he doesnt truly want answers to technical questions. He came in here to bash this product, and as competition thats not cool and I know whos parts I will NOT be buying.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Funny thing is he doesnt truly want answers to technical questions. He came in here to bash this product, and as competition thats not cool and I know whos parts I will NOT be buying.

I tried to call Jake at Skinz this morning but no one answered. Haven't heard back yet, if they return my call I'll make sure and let you all know what they say about the technicals of this front suspension so you have all the information to make an informed decision.

Now a days I design and sell snowmobile parts, it's true and it's flattering to be considered competition with Skinz who have been doing this for a long time and have made some really great innovative products in that time. Before I got to this point, snowest forums has been a home of mine, of sorts, for over over ten years and I know I would not be where I am today without all of the help from guys on here having discussions, sharing information, and asking technical questions. So while I don't agree with your opinions on my intentions, and I regret you think I'm a 'basher' for asking questions, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and being an active member of the forums it's what makes these forums great.

GoBigParts: I apologize for hijacking your thread, that was not my intention, was just looking for more information.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If you would like his cell phone or email I have them. Jake has always been pretty easy to reach if they are not at shows or testing.

Sorry, I just don't think anyone on the forum can give you the technical answer you are looking for. Plus I THINK so of it was trial and error.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

I was thinking the same thing. The same vendor you are referring to sells offset spindles. Seems to be going down the same road as what Skinz is attempting to do.

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
I would like to know why this is better then the Kmod and zbros. I guess those two only offer the aarm. But if you going to offer a product it would be nice to let us know why we should pick this one over another

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
I'm guessing the offset on the spindle is what makes this better then Kmod and zbros.. But so far all I've heard is 2 sponsored riders claiming that it works better...

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
I don't see how anyone thinks that ZRP is bashing this set-up, he's just looking for a little insight as am I. I considered buying the "extreme tech kit" from Burandt's store last season but decided to wait it out and see how it worked for other riders who had got their hands on the a set rather than sposored athletes but haven't heard anything yet so here we all are just curious on what exact benefits we would see in all aspects. I think the kit seems great and would like to hear more about it. I know these were on snow last season does anybody have a review?
Thanks

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado

Way better how? You call me a critic for asking questions and pointing out obvious handling traits? Heaven forbid thinking for ones self and asking questions. You yourself throw an Axys and a Pro together, the Axys chassis is a huge improvement over the Pro, so better how? Does it turn better? Absorb bumps better? What shocks did you Zbroz have vs the skinz? Why should I spend my money?

On to another point being pointed out, a narrowed front end and a sled that has had the ski's pushed out are two different things. If the were the same and I could accomplish it for $300 vs $2000.00. Wouldn't it be dumb not to? So how is it better?

Premium Features