• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Composit track reviews.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I'm in the market for a new track on my 2020 850 163/2.6 and am wondering if anyone has tried any of the Composit tracks and what your opinion on them was and how it compared to the factory polaris 2.6 in different conditions. also i cand find any info on there website regarding weight.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
They are quite heavy compared to what’s out there as they are not single ply like most tracks these days. They do work well though.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Roughly about 8lbs more than the stock track, but with that weight comes durability. Had one on my Doo 850 and it worked better than the Doo track. One time I had gotten a rock the size of a cantaloupe jammed on top of the track in the tunnel and ended up leaving the sled in the bush for the night. Bunch of lugs were folded right over and thought for sure they would break off(-30c temps). Had to drop the suspension to get the rock out and all the lugs were ok. Tough track!!
Crazy why OEM tracks are so expensive and camo extreme and composit are half the cost.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Roughly about 8lbs more than the stock track, but with that weight comes durability. Had one on my Doo 850 and it worked better than the Doo track. One time I had gotten a rock the size of a cantaloupe jammed on top of the track in the tunnel and ended up leaving the sled in the bush for the night. Bunch of lugs were folded right over and thought for sure they would break off(-30c temps). Had to drop the suspension to get the rock out and all the lugs were ok. Tough track!!
Crazy why OEM tracks are so expensive and camo extreme and composit are half the cost.

It’s so the oem can charge insurance more money.

Same reason the “original” bumper in black cost more than the “accessory” bumper in blue for example. (Even though both bumpers are identical except for color)

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
WOW... That's crazy... good to know they are durable, doesn't seem as though there are a lot of people using them out here and I'm not sure why that is.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
WOW... That's crazy... good to know they are durable, doesn't seem as though there are a lot of people using them out here and I'm not sure why that is.

Not a lot of people using composit tracks because they are in limited supply. (At least the 2.6 and 3” lug tracks.

I’ve heard nothing but good about reliability though.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
There have been good and bad reviews of the composit track. For the price it’s a pretty good track, there are much better tracks out there though.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Caleb Caterske is with them and they seem to hold to his abuses. weight and availability is a bitch tho

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Kurts Polaris put them on their "snowcheck" Khaos 163 sleds the first year of the Khaos... don't think they would risk their reputation on a poor track. That being said, I personally would prefer a camo extreme of some equivalent size, they are also heavier than stock even though they are 1 ply, but generally very durable...

Premium Features