• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COMPFUSION's IMPROVED MOTOR MOUNTS FOR THE 900 IQ's - 2005 AND 2006 MODELS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Its that time of the season.... 900 RMK's, Fusions, and Switchback

I am re-posting a lot of my old posts as I have been getting a lot of PM's about this stuff.

It must be getting to the time of year when people are building up their sleds for the season.

The Stock motor mounts, IMO, on the 900's are inadequate in many sleds at keeping the motor aligned under load. This causes a lot of belt heat (blown belts) and a lot of off axis side loading on the crankshaft (broken PTO stubs).

The 2006's motor mounts were firmed up a bit from the 2005's, but IMO not enough... they are still too soft and do not locate the engine under load well.

The stock mounts can tear and cause a lot of problems including loss of performance (the clutches can't work well in this state), belt eating (even with the 3211115 belt) and bad vibration.

The soft stock mounts require the torque stop to be snugged up to the motor which caused a "hammering effect" that was transmitted to the chassis and vibrated the heck out of everything.

Here is a post from the old forums.. COMPFUSION has a beautiful kit for a reasonable price...these are not mass produced parts from a big mfg. Each kit is built from quality materials (stainless, 2024 aluminum and high quality bolts)... and made to very tight tolerances.

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/sendprivatemessage.cfm?ProfileID=26465

COMPFUSION (Colin) is a great guy and very helpfull. His email is
compedgex@hotmail.com

Check out this post on the 4M here for more details
http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=89&threadid=264086

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=89&threadid=297487

COMPFUSIONsMOUNT.jpg

Helps keep this from happening
my080belt.jpg

You dont want this!
brokencrank.jpg

Example of Broken STOCK front mount
Brokenmount.jpg

Stock Front Mount Layout on a 900 Liberty
ENGINEMOUNT2.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
They are pretty straigforward to install.

Compfusion's mounts Replace the factory front mounts and only require 2 additional 5/16 holes to be drilled in the factory engine-base-support (#13 in this diagram).

They bolt into this factory support.

No welding, cutting on the bulkhead or moving of your motor.

Pull your motor (#19) (and all of the related hardware to facilitate this), remove your old mounts (#14 in the diagram) and support (#13) from the motor, bolt the replacment mounts to the support, drill two additional supports and attach with the supplied Polaris factory grade additional bolts/nuts, bolt the support/mounts to the motor and re-install the motor in the chassis. Align the clutches, set your belt deflection, pull the starter and go.

These are only the front mounts... you use the facory side/rear mounts (#8 in the diagram)
ENGINEMOUNT2-1.gif

Last edited:
C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
To add the MH's great post I do recommend that guys replace the bolts in the end of the crossmember (#18 x 4). These are relatively small bolts (5/16") that don't seem to take well to repeated install/removal especially with power tools. Also the large washer (part #15) should not be used with the replacement mount. It is not needed and will reduce the thread grip in the case.
slabm7: An instruction sheet is included in the package and will contain some important information to follow during install.

Colin

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
This would be a good time to let everyone know that the kit now features a new urethane puck set for long life and increased durability for the higher HP sleds. All new kits will come with the urethane parts.

Thanks Eric. I've been quite busy and gone on business trip for over a week but I'll get yours on the way shortly.

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
There has been a small price increase lately to offset the cost of the new custom urethane components. The current price is $350.00 cdn with shipping included.

T
Dec 27, 2007
Compfusion, I already use your mounts could you give me a price on just the new urethane components. My motor is out and I might as well update the rubber.

Last edited:
C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Compfusion, I already use your mounts could you give me a price on just the new urethane components. My motor is out and I might as well update the rubber.

The new urethane puck set will cost $67.00 cdn airmail shipping included. If you have it out now would be a great time to do the change. We all know the labor to R/R the engine in a 900.

Premium Features