• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COMPFUSION's IMPROVED MOTOR MOUNTS FOR THE 900 IQ's - 2005 AND 2006 MODELS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Ok..... what do I torque the front brace bolts to??? I just managed to strip out my pto side rear motor mount hole on the block putting the bolt at 40 ft lbs and dont wanna do the same to the brace bolts

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Standard torque specs put 5/16-18 bolts at 17 ft/lbs for grade 5 and 25 ft/lbs for grade 8.
Be very careful not to over-torque as thats the most likely way to have a bolt crack off. An under -torqued bolt may come loose but at least it wont break off in the piece. It's best to use a smaller torque wrench and have a more accurate reading.
The stripped rear PTO can be repaired by using a longer bolt with a nut/washer on the backside of the mounting tab. The tab however is not flat on the back...more of a wedge shape. It's best to flatten an area for the nut to sit on so the bolt doesn't get sideloaded.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I did go with a longer bolt on the motor mount. I guess I was reading in the service manual and it says

specs-1.jpg

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
I did go with a longer bolt on the motor mount. I guess I was reading in the service manual and it says

Actually the PTO mount bolt isn't covered in that section. It is a 3/8" bolt which calls for 30 ft/lbs (grade 5) or 45 (grade 8). Bear in mind however that replacing a bolt with a higher grade doesn't necessarily mean it can be torqued higher. It depends on what it is screwed into and whether IT can handle the higher torque. For the rear PTO mount a grade 5 torque spec is plenty as the tab is not overly thick and made of aluminum. More important then the torque value is the use of threadlocker to keep the bolt from loosening. This applies to many of the engine mounting bolts in the 900...threadlocker is key to preventing problems later on...not more torque..:)

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Well u guys were absolutely right! Both my stock and slp push arms are shot, motor mounts are junk and the throttle/oiler cable is sticking holding my oil pump open around half throttle! Great!:mad: Good thing i ordered the compfusion mounts:) but im STILL waiting for them.:(

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Hey Jason. Yours is in a stack right next to me here just about ready but cant go without ALL the pieces. I'm waiting on some material that seems to have gone on the missing list.
I do apologize and promise the prepaid ones are top priority.

Colin

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Hey Jason. Yours is in a stack right next to me here just about ready but cant go without ALL the pieces. I'm waiting on some material that seems to have gone on the missing list.
I do apologize and promise the prepaid ones are top priority.

Colin

Hey its no problem. i understand. im just irritated that my mounts are broke and im anxious to get it back together:D. Thanks for updating me tho!

Jason

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Colin,

glad to see business is picking up again for you..always great to see these guys getting set up with your mounts..you have to take a TON of credit for these 900s staying on the snow...

Guys like YOU...Claude (FBF throttle oiler/cable) and Dan (Indydan)...are absolute pioneers in the 05-06 700/900s that we ALL owe an extreme amount of graditude ..SO for all of US...THANK YOU!!

Side Note..Jason..make sure you stick ALL grabde 8 bolts in that baby (everywhere you can) when you slap it back together..i am sure you have heard what it can do w/o doing this..you are VERY lucky you didnt throw a crank with you mounts like that!!!

Guys..get your Compfusion mounts as soon as you can before the snow flies..or you might be down all season with BIGGER more $$$ issues...

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Colin,

glad to see business is picking up again for you..always great to see these guys getting set up with your mounts..you have to take a TON of credit for these 900s staying on the snow...

Guys like YOU...Claude (FBF throttle oiler/cable) and Dan (Indydan)...are absolute pioneers in the 05-06 700/900s that we ALL owe an extreme amount of graditude ..SO for all of US...THANK YOU!!

Side Note..Jason..make sure you stick ALL grabde 8 bolts in that baby (everywhere you can) when you slap it back together..i am sure you have heard what it can do w/o doing this..you are VERY lucky you didnt throw a crank with you mounts like that!!!

Guys..get your Compfusion mounts as soon as you can before the snow flies..or you might be down all season with BIGGER more $$$ issues...

Yep! Thats the plan. Got a lot of work ahead of me! I couldnt believe how bad everything was. no wonder i had a hell of a time keeping a belt last year. Yes, Thanks to everyone for the tips, products, and helpful advice in these 900s. I love my 9 and i dont know if i would have kept it this year if it wasnt for u so THANKS!:beer;:D

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hey Colin, can you post a link to the instructions for the installation of your mounts?

I'm yanking my motor this weekend to replace the motor mount crossmember those bolts sheared off inside of that I can't get out ..

I will have to drill the new one for your mounts, but I do not have the original instructions anymore ...

C
Oct 25, 2009
OG MN
2005 Fusion Motor Mounts

Compfusion

Im new at this forum, and not real sure how to get a set of your fusion motor mounts. Can you please reply andlet me know how to go about ordering your mounts, mine are also cracked.

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Hey Colin, can you post a link to the instructions for the installation of your mounts?

I'm yanking my motor this weekend to replace the motor mount crossmember those bolts sheared off inside of that I can't get out ..

I will have to drill the new one for your mounts, but I do not have the original instructions anymore ...

Sorry DM I missed this post. At work now but will email/PM you tonight.

Colin

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
CompFusion Motor Mount Instructions;
Most of the procedure for installation can be found in the service manual for the correct model of sled; however, it recommended that a Polaris service technician with the CORRECT tools perform the installation due to the complex nature of the CFI engine.

Remove engine as per Section 5 of the Polaris service manual.
Remove the front engine support (Part #5134872).
Disassemble the support/mount assembly retaining the Torx bolts for use with the new mount.

Upon final assembly it recommended to use high strength threadlocker on ALL fasteners to prevent loosening from vibration.

Assemble the new aluminum mounting plate to front engine support using the Torx fasteners removed in previous step and the supplied nuts.
Using a drill press drill out the remaining 4 bolt holes and install the supplied Torx bolts and nuts. The short bolt should be placed inside the steering cutout.
Assemble the engine support to engine using the supplied pucks/washers. The thin washer is to be put towards the engine with the thicker washer inside the engine support.
This is important for proper engine alignment.
Make sure the rubber and aluminum components are very clean prior to assembly. This will aid in bonding of the two pieces.

Using the supplied 3/8 x 2.25” bolts torque the support assembly to engine @ 40 ft/lbs. Note: Do not reuse the OEM large washer. It is not necessary and may in fact cause an issue with the bolts threading into the engine case.

Reinstall engine into chassis, preferably using new replacement bolts at the cross-member ends, and check center distance and alignment. It is highly recommended to replace the torque stop as well as the factory update kit urethane washer on the PTO rear mount if worn. This update is very important to prevent side-loading of the front mounts.

this is the instructions i got with my compfusion mounts if it helps anyone..

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
What size do I make the holes for the 4 torx bolts, 1/4"?

I just bought a new bench top drill press for this today ... dying to try it out :D

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
What size do I make the holes for the 4 torx bolts, 1/4"?

I just bought a new bench top drill press for this today ... dying to try it out :D

i am not sure what size the bolt is..just compare the drill bit to it..do a test drill hole on some scrap and see if it "just barely slides in" and your money..

Premium Features