• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COMPFUSION's IMPROVED MOTOR MOUNTS FOR THE 900 IQ's - 2005 AND 2006 MODELS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
I am going to order a set. Bump for you. Also are these just the front or both? Are the bolts grade 8?

The kit replaces both front mounts and comes with all necessary hardware to install. The major mounting bolts are grade 8 brand name while the other smaller bolts/nuts are OEM polaris.

H
Nov 26, 2007
gillette, WY
i put comps mounts in my sled this summer, and it made a huge differance in my clutch temps and my ski's and engine dont shake hardly at all at idle like they used to. very happy with his product, now if only polaris would hire somebody who was half as smart as some of these people on this forum, then it might not take a couple of grand to make these sleds run well .. lol

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
I already have comp's mounts just trying to find out which bolts I should replace with new grade 8 bolts. So I need the 4 side crossmember bolts replaced with grade 8 correct? Also I ordered new 06 rear mounts from hi-perf engineering- should I replace those 2 bolts with grade 8 also?

Thanks,

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I already have comp's mounts just trying to find out which bolts I should replace with new grade 8 bolts. So I need the 4 side crossmember bolts replaced with grade 8 correct? Also I ordered new 06 rear mounts from hi-perf engineering- should I replace those 2 bolts with grade 8 also?

Thanks,

you can put grade 8's there too but the main ones are the 4 that hold the front mount to the bulkhead. my brothers just broke both left side bolts in one trip. was doing the pretrip check for next weeks trip and found them broke and had to pull the motor to replace them. so we replaced mine too at the same time.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT..

finally got some COMPFUSION mounts..what an excellent looking product..

They are highly reccommended to anyone thinking about them..

BTW..if your thinking the price is a little high..dont..its worth every penny..

$350 CDN (271.650 US) is much less then a new crank IMO..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Done!!

Thanks for the bumps guys.

This thread should probably be moved to the 900 sub-forum though....mods????

Thanks for everything colin..i will let you know when the spacers come any day now...

i have 2 sets of compfusion mounts now to go in the 05 900 and the 06 700..i can finally have peace of mind now when i ride!!!! :D:beer;

Last edited:

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
06 motor mounts

i have an 06 with compfusion mounts
my problem is the aluminum croosbar/motor plate broke in 2 spots
right thru the middle of both mounts
is this common
what could be my problem

Mcfly

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
i have an 06 with compfusion mounts
my problem is the aluminum croosbar/motor plate broke in 2 spots
right thru the middle of both mounts
is this common
what could be my problem

Mcfly

Check your bulkhead for any cracks.

I had the same problem. Replaced three. When I parted the sled out I found three cracks.

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00196-1.jpg

Premium Features