• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COMMENT PERIOD OPEN FOR BEARTOOTH RIDING AREA

For those of you who do not live in Wyoming or Montana, but come riding in the Cooke City area, this concerns you!

Hello outdoor enthusiasts,

I know you have seen information from me in the past several months on the WPLI process. It is time now for comments on the High Lakes WSA. The comment period ends FEBUARY 1st!This is almost everything we ride on the north side of the highway in the Beartooths. If we lose this area, it will cut our riding in half, and stick everyone in half the area. Think about that for a minute. I for one do not like riding a tracked up mountain, so I would like to have every single acre open that we can. If you are not familiar with this process, stop and see me at Roger’s Sport Center, and I will be glad to explain it to you. We need your support on this, if we are going to secure this riding area permanently. Let’s put this to bed once and for all!
The link to the commissioners page is http://www.parkcounty.us/commissioners/wpli.html. The link to the High Lakes Proposal is http://www.parkcounty.us/commissioners/wplihighlakes.html . Please go to the site, and comment on this important issue. During the comment period for the McCullough Peaks, we were vastly outnumbered, with only 25% of the comments coming from the motorized community! Please do not let this happen again. Take a few minutes and comment.

Thanks for your support!

Dustin

Dustin Rosencranse
President
Cody Country Snowmobile Association
Po Box 1745
Cody Wy 82414
rsc@tritel.net
307-587-6818

COOKE CITY
MONTANA
WYOMING

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
For those of you who do not live in Wyoming or Montana, but come riding in the Cooke City area, this concerns you!

Hello outdoor enthusiasts,

I know you have seen information from me in the past several months on the WPLI process. It is time now for comments on the High Lakes WSA. The comment period ends FEBUARY 1st!This is almost everything we ride on the north side of the highway in the Beartooths. If we lose this area, it will cut our riding in half, and stick everyone in half the area. Think about that for a minute. I for one do not like riding a tracked up mountain, so I would like to have every single acre open that we can. If you are not familiar with this process, stop and see me at Roger’s Sport Center, and I will be glad to explain it to you. We need your support on this, if we are going to secure this riding area permanently. Let’s put this to bed once and for all!
The link to the commissioners page is http://www.parkcounty.us/commissioners/wpli.html. The link to the High Lakes Proposal is http://www.parkcounty.us/commissioners/wplihighlakes.html . Please go to the site, and comment on this important issue. During the comment period for the McCullough Peaks, we were vastly outnumbered, with only 25% of the comments coming from the motorized community! Please do not let this happen again. Take a few minutes and comment.

Thanks for your support!

Dustin

Dustin Rosencranse
President
Cody Country Snowmobile Association
Po Box 1745
Cody Wy 82414
rsc@tritel.net
307-587-6818

COOKE CITY
MONTANA
WYOMING

I am reading through the Park County WPLI draft under the "Specific Management and Suitable Uses" section - It says

Snowmobiling authorized to the same manner and degree as was occurring prior to the
Wyoming Wilderness Act of 1984

Then two lines below it says -

Use of combustion or electric motors not to exceed 10 HP (e.g. ice augers)

Not meaning to split hairs, but I thought I'd at least point it out.

I do have a question for you -

With what the Park County proposal is, does this remove the WSA status entirely and essentially place it into a new category of legally designated land, the Special Management Area as the proposal says? Or does it keep the WSA status but add a new category to how its managed so to speak?

I'll send my comments in soon, I just wanted them to be as intelligent as I could make them :face-icon-small-sho

Sorry I have been out of the office for a bit. The combustion or electric motors is referring to ice augers and outboards. If our proposal does get passed by congress, the WSA would be released, and changed into a special management area.

Thanks for your comments

Premium Features