• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMX QUESTIONS???

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
Hello everyone, I have a chance to buy a CMX sled and have a few questions about it. Is it reliable at all? I know what to expect somewhat from a mod sled but does anyone have any experience with them? Any pros/cons? How does it handle/run in the mountains? I believe it is a 900 Cat bottom end, with a 1200 CC upper, CMX tunnel, Boss seat,Gen II gas tank/oil tank, Fab-Craft trailing arms, CMX belt drive, and some type of digital gauges? Any info would will be greatly needed! Thanks Again!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
my brother in laws ran cmx's for 3- 4 years

they run like a bat out of hell, when , they run but you can expect more than average wrench time on the Cmx's . they are great if your a great wrench, if not you may want to stay away from them some, they definitely require some major ongoing maintenance,

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Their chassis are top notch...and are no more maintenece that any other chassis.

That engines is a mod engine....always require TLC and preventative work.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Does it have the engine tech 1160 or psi 1200 motor based on cat 900 bottom end. It would have to be a screaming good deal for me (and almost everyone else) to buy anything with PSI in it. The chassis is awesome.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
The sleds are fun to ride for sure and have tons of power! But the whole PSI engine thing isnt fun...customer service isnt the best to say the least. But like Max said Mark is very helpful if advice is needed or questions.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I wouldn't buy anything PSI, not even with your money. All bling and is not functional. Personally think CMX's are overpriced also. IMO

Premium Features