• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching help

K
hey guys, i have a 2011 Polaris assault 800 with an aerocharger 66 series turbo kit running 8psi. looking to have a little help clutching it as i am new to the turbo world. the sled trows a DET code when i try to pull a line off the trail or will throw the DET code first couple pulls of the day. just wondering if it could be because of over reving or something like that i am running 100% av gas 100LL

sled has:
-water to air intercooler
-aerocomander fuel controler
-conqour 280 174" track (2.8" paddle)
-C3 belt drive kit 2.3 ratio (top pully 23 bottom pully 53)
- avid 7 tooth drivers

clutching set up right now:
-light green primary spring (dont know the brand and cant find it
online)
-Daltonpro quick adjust weights 66g-73.5g (set at 69.1 right now)
-black secondary spring
-helix says 48-STRT-ER and 50-STRT-ER not sure what it is and
why it has both stamps

so just looking for some help as i am new to the turbo world and dont really know about clutching them. i run the sled 5000-8000 feet normaly but do go up higher as well a couple rides a year. any help would be great. also have a stock 2013 secondary off a pro that i thought about trying as it has the stock helix stamped 56-42-36.

Thanks in advance to any help you guys can provide

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
May be over revving too fast, what's the top end rpm? May need to, add weight, hopefully on the lower end of the weight. And what's the normal elevation? 100% av at 5k feet id say you should be more than good against det, so could be too fast Rev up. Also boondocker has a 3 degree timing retard key, I just out one on my sled, can cut back on the exotic fuels haha.

K
Thanks I just put more weight into it went up to 71g in the primary and yes I looked into the timing key as boondocker Canada is 30 minutes away from me. Hopefully gunna take it out this week to test last year the peak rpm was around 8500 witch I know is high so it could of been going over and DETing then dropping back down

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
The lime green I think is 165/310. The Helix is a straight 50 straight 48 ER. Twin cut helix you have 2 choices. Try the straight 50 cut. The ER means electronic reverse. What you have is pretty standard old school turbo clutching. With that boost and Dalton weights go up to 72 gram. If your reving to 8500 thats too much on a Pro. About perfect with a Axys.

K
Okay thanks. Yes I set the helix at the straight 50 tonight and I’ll bump the wheight up to 72 and try that. I contacted aerocharger to get there new double cut helix and springs just waiting on the price for it

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Yeah shes certainly too high for rpm, I'd load it up with weight and try it, then take some out if need be. Too much weight is better than not enough and easier to remove variables. sled will still pull real hard and hopefully with out a det code. It's a shame the pro rpm display doesn't update as fast it should, It would help see the rpm spikes.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Okay thanks. Yes I set the helix at the straight 50 tonight and I’ll bump the wheight up to 72 and try that. I contacted aerocharger to get there new double cut helix and springs just waiting on the price for it

Scroll down the threads till you see TRS clutching. If you go to TRS part 1 it talks about Turbo Pro clutching. Try that setup. Its tried and true. Also look at Indy Dans stuff.

Premium Features