• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch sticking

M

McLaughlin_7

Oct 12, 2009
S.E. South Dakota
I have a 99 600 rmk and every time you go to take off for the first time of the day the clutch engages and and won't disengage until you pin the throttle a couple times then it will be just fine all day went through and completely rebuilt it with new everything and still same problem any thoughts would be great

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
It is probably something to do with the weights, pins or rollers. I was thinking maybe the weights have dug into the shoulders at the pivot pin from previous wear issues but that would not explain why it clears up. The only other thing I can think of is that you lubricated the clutch upon reassembly and it has to warm up so things move freely. You didn't lube anything did you? Other than that remove the clutch again and tear it apart. Check that the spider buttons clearance is within spec which I believe is .002" and that the spider moves freely without binding throughout it's range.

Premium Features