• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

There are three types of coal that can be used for filtration: anthracite, bituminous or lignite. Of these, bituminous coal is the ideal choice due to its higher microporosity, its resistance to impact, its strength and the ease with which it is regenerated.

The objective is they want us to believe that coal is just for coal fired plants.

As for the little nuclear power plants they have been mobile for many years as you see above , militaries around the world have been using them , got a couple on the base that I've seen , people just don't know what they are , it's just a generator.

The media and Hollywood dot dot dot freaked people out and nuclear power bad bad bad . Cats out of the bag now , they can no longer lie to those that are awake they way they have always done .

They would do just what they are suppose to , the outages are becoming more and more frequent around the country and they haven't done a damn thing about it , California is a perfect example , you don't really think all those fires were started from mother nature do you :)

What profit would there be to collect when you take the profit away , from those keeping modern technology out of hands reach . One nuclear power plant when there could be much smaller versions of stationary and mobile ones , it's just a generator :)

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
GMC-Hummer-EV-6x6-rendering-by-Abimelec-Design-0-1024x555.jpg
The base model four wheel curb weight is 10,400 pounds, that's equivalent to the weight of 50 series excavators . It has a 1000 ponies , 11,500 foot pounds of torque .

You don't really think this can be used to actually tow something without smoking those batteries , must be for groceries.

What an outlandish asinine waste of the tax payers money, to accomplish what ?

Some one want to tell me how this toy does not raise hell with the environment or even the roads .
It's a worthless pile of non recycle **** and don't fall for recyclable , so are those plastic bottles that have never been recycled .
But it does have a thirst for rare earth metals .

Yet they still have pneumatic tires .

Price starts on a stripped version 100,000.00 , the 6x above is ........ well worthless but they can thank Mopar since dodge did own Hummer and Dodge did make a 6x pickup for the military back when and even made one called the T-Rex in the 90's and the reason for a stretched 6x ....... load restrictions.

These go green people really are some gullible stupid bastards , this is not progress .

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte

There are three types of coal that can be used for filtration: anthracite, bituminous or lignite. Of these, bituminous coal is the ideal choice due to its higher microporosity, its resistance to impact, its strength and the ease with which it is regenerated.

The objective is they want us to believe that coal is just for coal fired plants.

As for the little nuclear power plants they have been mobile for many years as you see above , militaries around the world have been using them , got a couple on the base that I've seen , people just don't know what they are , it's just a generator.

The media and Hollywood dot dot dot freaked people out and nuclear power bad bad bad . Cats out of the bag now , they can no longer lie to those that are awake they way they have always done .

They would do just what they are suppose to , the outages are becoming more and more frequent around the country and they haven't done a damn thing about it , California is a perfect example , you don't really think all those fires were started from mother nature do you :)

What profit would there be to collect when you take the profit away , from those keeping modern technology out of hands reach . One nuclear power plant when there could be much smaller versions of stationary and mobile ones , it's just a generator :)
Thanks for the links.
I can embrace a future use of coal that isn't just for power plants.
Small scale nuclear power also appeals to me.
Been ships and subs for decades.

Nuclear power downside is scary short-term, fossil fuel power is scary long-term and easier to dismiss.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
GMC-Hummer-EV-6x6-rendering-by-Abimelec-Design-0-1024x555.jpg
The base model four wheel curb weight is 10,400 pounds, that's equivalent to the weight of 50 series excavators . It has a 1000 ponies , 11,500 foot pounds of torque .

You don't really think this can be used to actually tow something without smoking those batteries , must be for groceries.

What an outlandish asinine waste of the tax payers money, to accomplish what ?

Some one want to tell me how this toy does not raise hell with the environment or even the roads .
It's a worthless pile of non recycle **** and don't fall for recyclable , so are those plastic bottles that have never been recycled .
But it does have a thirst for rare earth metals .

Yet they still have pneumatic tires .

Price starts on a stripped version 100,000.00 , the 6x above is ........ well worthless but they can thank Mopar since dodge did own Hummer and Dodge did make a 6x pickup for the military back when and even made one called the T-Rex in the 90's and the reason for a stretched 6x ....... load restrictions.

These go green people really are some gullible stupid bastards , this is not progress .
Apparently this is an electric truck of some sort?

IDK your NoPower connection.

Military Hummers are built by AM General in Mishawaka, Indiana.

H3 Hummers were just a Chevy truck with different sheet metal.

12 miles away from me is a place that recycles (grinds and whatever else) plastic.
So, some plastic does get recycled, and likely that % is increasing at some rate?
I understand that it is hard to separate the different flavours of plastic from each other when recycling, but we mix different flavours of steel, or alum every day as well, although it is best to keep some out of the mix if you know better.

There is a LONG way to go, but there is some progress being made.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Ticking time bombs , ever see a sled burn down from a lithium battery , can't be put out in the field. Could only imagine what one of these vehicles over charging would do in a garage . If the garage has a fire suppression system it wouldn't even faze it .

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
My boy has a hybrid and likes it. (not sure why?)

Anyhow, they are currently renters, but she has her eyes out.

I told them last summer that while they were looking for their own roof, if he plans to continue down the hybrid or whatnot route, that they should pay special attention to find a place with a detached (divorce mounted?) garage. An enclosed breezeway between the two wouldn't be bad - if it had a door on both ends.

I told him that I look for home fires to go up with EV's.

I told him/reminded him that both of his grand dads have had regular vee-hickles catch electrical fire.
One had the legendary Ford key switch failure back around 1990. He was currently driving when it burnt down. (total loss)
Remember driving down the road in the 90's and see a truck along side the road burning down?

The other had something under the hood start to burn on a Buick .... IDK, the turbo (or supercharger?) car.
It was in his garage and he was right there when it happened. He was able to get it into neutral and push it out of the garage, and then unhook the battery before too much damage.

But with these kinds of issues with gassers with small batts, I can only imagine the issues coming with huge batts!

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
My boy has a hybrid and likes it. (not sure why?)

Anyhow, they are currently renters, but she has her eyes out.

I told them last summer that while they were looking for their own roof, if he plans to continue down the hybrid or whatnot route, that they should pay special attention to find a place with a detached (divorce mounted?) garage. An enclosed breezeway between the two wouldn't be bad - if it had a door on both ends.

I told him that I look for home fires to go up with EV's.

I told him/reminded him that both of his grand dads have had regular vee-hickles catch electrical fire.
One had the legendary Ford key switch failure back around 1990. He was currently driving when it burnt down. (total loss)
Remember driving down the road in the 90's and see a truck along side the road burning down?

The other had something under the hood start to burn on a Buick .... IDK, the turbo (or supercharger?) car.
It was in his garage and he was right there when it happened. He was able to get it into neutral and push it out of the garage, and then unhook the battery before too much damage.

But with these kinds of issues with gassers with small batts, I can only imagine the issues coming with huge batts!

Full on EVs have the lowest fire occurrence.

Hybrids the highest.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Full on EVs have the lowest fire occurrence.

Hybrids the highest.

Although electric vehicles (EVs) may not catch fire as often as other vehicles, when they do catch fire, they can be extremely difficult to extinguish and cause much more damage.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Rob/Chris

I see that you are a free member, yet this thread is on posts in the 850's.

I thought that free membership allowed one to see the first page or so of posts, and then blocked beyond that?

Apparently sumpthing changed?

Premium Features