• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Classifieds Section/Swapmeet

T
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
I was just checking out the Alaska forum and sub-section and they had a great section at the top of their forum....

"Alaska Swapmeet"

Would it be appropriate to have the mods add a similar sub-section to the Cal/Nev section? (This way a "parts for sale" thread wont get burried this year. eg... "California/Nevada Swapmeet"

I kind of think that its appropriate as i'm sure that we all have significant parts laying around in our garage.

Check out the Alaska Section and you'll see the four links at the top

Just a thought....any feedback?

N

nocandoo

Dec 11, 2007
it would be great to have a california swap meet listed at the top of the page for all to share........................giterdone.........

C
Jan 6, 2008
Cal City
maybe

being as i was living in alaska till 5 mo ago let me say this there is alot more traffic on the alaska section. it took alot of us members asking for our own classified section. we also had a thread for selling stuff that was rather large and started a new one every 2-3 mo. i don't know if they will go for it, took awhile to get the alaska one, so if they do think about giving us one we will all have to let them know that we need and want this

So everone that wants this please post to this thread so we can show a need for it

yes sound good i have a box full of stuff i need to sell

T
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Good looking out Chuck,

It seems as if the more support that we get, then the easier it will be to get our own Classifieds section (maybe). Post your support and once we've all jumped on the bandwagon i'll contact the mods.

Just looking through my garage last night I have about a half dozen or more parts that I would list....slp head, REV skis, etc...I know that we all have a bunch of parts laying around! :D

N
Dec 9, 2009
I think its a great idea, sorting through swapmeet is a pain. I'll get it started with a long shot hope. Anyone have some rear torsion springs for a '04 Summit 800 X package sitting around. Nowhere around has any in stock. Thanks

D
Jul 13, 2009
Reno, NV
Also for it or another idea would be to allow some search criteria in the swapmeet which would set a maximum distance or location. That would also be quite nice. I have found the way the swapmeet is today it is almost impossible to find anything you want short of mining for pages and pages.

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
cant we just start a thread for sale stuff in CA? if it gets too big, maybe the admin will make it a separate forum...here's the first item

Free to good home:: near new seat off of 03 polaris RMK blue and black with red lettering. very small tear in back of seat (near pocket -not where you sit). may be picked up in santa crua or chester, CA.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was just checking out the Alaska forum and sub-section and they had a great section at the top of their forum....

"Alaska Swapmeet"
The reason that the Alaska Swapmeet was created was because of the shipping issues they have to incur to get anything heavy from down here to up there.

Given that everyone in California is accessible to all normal shipping, we have never made other Swaps for the states.

Doesn't mean we can't.
But if we go down this route, what impact would it have on the Main Swapmeet forum?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your response.

I dont belive that it would have much of an impact on the Main Swapmeet section. I think that it would just provide another option to purchase items from "local" sellers. I'm sure that we've all searched the classifieds section and found a great buy on a sled, only to find out that it's some 1,500 miles away, thus a providing a substantial burden on the would be buyer who must incure shipping costs. On a more local level, you could simply search the "California/Nevada Swapmeet" section to see if anyone has the part(s) your looking for locally and if not then extend your search to the main swapmeet section.

Just my two cents!

The reason that the Alaska Swapmeet was created was because of the shipping issues they have to incur to get anything heavy from down here to up there.

Given that everyone in California is accessible to all normal shipping, we have never made other Swaps for the states.

Doesn't mean we can't.
But if we go down this route, what impact would it have on the Main Swapmeet forum?

Premium Features