• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Christ is risen!

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
So Hunter Biden is still your crush and MSM still can't be trusted. Just checking to see if you have evolved beyond pond scum yet. Nope. Same old conspiracy theory nutter. Luckily you are a harmless little kitten. Bubbles loves kittens. I bet liberals all want to hug you both

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Get help Gary. I'm sorry to hear about your illness.

We all hope you get the help you desperately need.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
C'mon dude. The church cover up on this has been documented extensively. Thousands of cases known. Over hundreds of years what do you think it is? Over all the religions? Millions of people hurt?

You sound like Maf and his few bad cops argument. It is weak. The corruption is so deep for these organizations that are supposedly there to "help" people. They just protect their own bad people. They don't hold them accountable.
Okay there are 1.2 billion Catholics in the world. How many are pedophiles? I do understand that even 1 is too many but to treat all of them the same is not fair. Sure they have problems but I bet it stems from the church insisting that the priests stay abstinent. That could drive anyone crazy I would think.
I wouldn't say all atheists are bad people. With your thinking you would find a reason to hate everyone. We are all guilty of something.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I expected a better response. Abstinence? A few bad apples theory again? All guilty of something? You are just making excuses.

I'm talking about people at the top not cleaning out the trash. Weak responses and inaction leads to more clerics abusing their power.

Same argument with cops in the other thread.

You guys are so quick to blame the little people but you are so scared to admit many people in power are corrupt. I can only think this is the case because if you gave someone like Maf a leadership position he would absuse that power as well. It isn't evil behavior it is probably the same lack of empathy that is pervasive with the regulars on FP. You only care about yourselves. This isn't uncommon in humans but coming from folks that act holy it comes off as a whole lot of hypocritical bullshit.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Just like in the church and the police, the military protects their own as well. Read the article and they admit they don't prosecute well enough. This scumbag raped his daughter. Finally going to jail after multiple rapes.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I expected a better response. Abstinence? A few bad apples theory again? All guilty of something? You are just making excuses.

I'm talking about people at the top not cleaning out the trash. Weak responses and inaction leads to more clerics abusing their power.

You guys are so quick to blame the little people but you are so scared to admit many people in power are corrupt. I can only think this is the case because if you gave someone like Maf a leadership position he would absuse that power as well. It isn't evil behavior it is probably the same lack of empathy that is pervasive with the regulars on FP. You only care about yourselves. This isn't uncommon in humans but coming from folks that act holy it comes off as a whole lot of hypocritical bullshit.
I'm agreeing with you on reform needed. My thinking on the abstinence thing is because this is not being reported at the same level in other Christian organizations. There also be a culture of control over young innocent minds as it seems to be a similar story for coaches or other instances where someone is given authority over venerable people. The only difference between our views here is that you want to punish all and write them all off and I don't.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Ha like I'm the Punisher! He was a good comic book character. He went after crooked cops and clerics in the comics. I wonder if I should put a Punisher sticker on my truck? Oh wait, bootlickers like Maf already did that without realizing the irony.

8357a670f0e129fdbd8960a70e6639b7.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

Well Gary, you seem to have all the answers. Just what have you done to improve anything?
Most certainly with your superior intellect, you contributed to the implementation of fixes for all of these problems, haven't you?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
In true spirit of nit picking, whining and pointing fingers at everyone I think simple has made himself King Karen.

We’ve all been assuming his calling everyone Karen’s was an insult, yet he’s simply trying to create, establish his base of followers.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Well Gary, you seem to have all the answers. Just what have you done to improve anything?
Most certainly with your superior intellect, you contributed to the implementation of fixes for all of these problems, haven't you?
He could start by putting on one of those cool Punisher Onsies. Then he can head over to the Catholic church to sort them out.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I want to be offended but I'm pretty vindicated because once I point out how your own belief system is based on lies and deception you always personally attack me. So I guess I won...again...which is too easy with this group. Its like debating the kids who work in the warehouse when I should be up in the front office making money. Take care assalamualaikum

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I wasn’t going to get sucked into this conversation, but I am a Christian and thankful that Christ died for my sins. We need to acknowledge Christ’s position. He is God the Son. He was not just a prophet like other religions founders. I’ve mentioned this before, but He is the only religious figure to rise from the dead. No others can claim that. They have what’s left of their dead bodies in tombs. He also raised others from the dead and healed many from diseases. Mohamed, Buddha or the others cannot claim that. The version of the Bible that King James had interpreted is from transcripts that go thousands of years back. In fact we have more transcripts from the Bible than any other historical writings by far. Not even close to other historical writings that most scholars and historians believe to be accurate. Today we have other versions of the King James Bible written in more modern English, but we also have versions that are way out there. Including some new ones that I’ve heard are gender neutral. Really, the transcripts we have are not gender neutral. If they believe others that have a small amount of transcripts then why not the Biblical ones. Hmmm. The original writings of the Bible, Old and New Testaments are infallible. The accurate ones like the King James, have never been proven wrong. Some just don’t believe the Bible, but that doesn’t mean any of it is false, that just means they don’t believe it. And we can’t force anyone too. In the end God will do what he wants to all of us. He made us and has a right to do whatever He wills to us. We are not God. When we die and face an Almighty God do we really think that we can tell Him we didn’t like the way He did things, or are we going to tell him we deserve heaven when we didn’t accept His way to get there. I don’t think so. We cannot come to God other than through a saving knowledge and acceptance of Jesus. One said on here earlier that Jesus would have been dark skinned or black. And why do white artists paint Him as white? Good question and they are wrong. How would they know what He looked like anyway. He would have the same skin tone that other Israelites have. He was a Jew. I agree some so called Christians have blown it big time, but like others have said we are all sinners. Christians are people and fail. We’re not perfect in any way shape or form. Just forgiven.

Last edited:
J
Jan 15, 2010
I wasn’t going to get sucked into this conversation, but I am a Christian and thankful that Christ died for my sins. We need to acknowledge Christ’s position. He is God the Son. He was not just a prophet like other religions founders. I’ve mentioned this before, but He is the only religious figure to rise from the dead. No others can claim that. They have what’s left of their dead bodies in tombs. He also raised others from the dead and healed many from diseases. Mohamed, Buddha or the others cannot claim that. The version of the Bible that King James had interpreted is from transcripts that go thousands of years back. In fact we have more transcripts from the Bible than any other historical writings by far. Not even close to other historical writings that most scholars and historians believe to be accurate. Today we have other versions of the King James Bible written in more modern English, but we also have versions that are way out there. Including some new ones that I’ve heard are gender neutral. Really, the transcripts we have are not gender neutral. If they believe others that have a small amount of transcripts then why not the Biblical ones. Hmmm. The original writings of the Bible, Old and New Testaments are infallible. The accurate ones like the King James, have never been proven wrong. Some just don’t believe the Bible, but that doesn’t mean any of it is false, that just means they don’t believe it. And we can’t force anyone too. In the end God will do what he wants to all of us. He made us and has a right to do whatever He wills to us. We are not God. When we die and face an Almighty God do we really think that we can tell Him we didn’t like they way He did things, or are we going to tell him we deserve heaven when we didn’t accept His way to get there. I don’t think so. We cannot come to God other than through a saving knowledge and acceptance of Jesus. One said on here earlier that Jesus would have been dark skinned or black. And why do white artists paint Him as white? Good question and they are wrong. How would they know what He looked like anyway. He would have the same skin tone that other Israelites have. He was a Jew. I agree some so called Christians have blown it big time, but like others have said we are all sinners. Christians are people and fail. We’re not perfect in any way shape or form. Just forgiven.
You honestly believe that the King James Version is historically accurate? That’s funny. The majority of the gospels were actually written hundreds of years after Jesus died. The masses were illiterate. You don’t think that maybe, just maybe the leaders twisted things just a little bit to their advantage?

As for Jesus rising from the dead, it wasn’t that long ago that it was common for someone that even doctors had pronounced “dead” would wake up because they hadn’t actually been dead. Crucifiction kills by slow strangulation, just the situation where someone appears dead but might not quite be...

That’s just the tip of the iceberg, but before ya dedicate your life to a “truth” it’s good to look at least a little bit past the blinders. There’s really no “proof” to any of it besides the word of the church leaders over the centuries, not the most trustworthy bunch in my experience...

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
You honestly believe that the King James Version is historically accurate? That’s funny. The majority of the gospels were actually written hundreds of years after Jesus died. The masses were illiterate. You don’t think that maybe, just maybe the leaders twisted things just a little bit to their advantage?

As for Jesus rising from the dead, it wasn’t that long ago that it was common for someone that even doctors had pronounced “dead” would wake up because they hadn’t actually been dead. Crucifiction kills by slow strangulation, just the situation where someone appears dead but might not quite be...

That’s just the tip of the iceberg, but before ya dedicate your life to a “truth” it’s good to look at least a little bit past the blinders. There’s really no “proof” to any of it besides the word of the church leaders over the centuries, not the most trustworthy bunch in my experience...
That is why we call it "Faith". As a Christian you put your faith in God, Not the preacher or preist or who ever. I find it rather strange you and simple are so out spoken against Christians and want to continue an argument about it. If it isn't hurting you, what's the problem?

J
Jan 15, 2010
That is why we call it "Faith". As a Christian you put your faith in God, Not the preacher or preist or who ever. I find it rather strange you and simple are so out spoken against Christians and want to continue an argument about it. If it isn't hurting you, what's the problem?
Why? Because quite frankly I find it fascinating that a bunch of people are so willing to defend their blind faith in the existence Of a fictional deity without any question. And those same people seem to believe the lies pushed by #45 as gospel simply because they seem to fit the narrative that they like. Those same people also seem to hate that the “man” is trying to control them with evil cloth masks...
You are putting your faith in the version of “god” that the preacher has pounded into your head since Sunday school, never once taking a minute to think about it objectively.
It’s also good entertainment, if Christianity didn’t exist and someone made a movie about the fictional world of Y’allQueada and the republic of magastan it would seem like utter insanity, and would probably be a hit because it was so nuts.

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
Why? Because quite frankly I find it fascinating that a bunch of people are so willing to defend their blind faith in the existence Of a fictional deity without any question. And those same people seem to believe the lies pushed by #45 as gospel simply because they seem to fit the narrative that they like. Those same people also seem to hate that the “man” is trying to control them with evil cloth masks...
You are putting your faith in the version of “god” that the preacher has pounded into your head since Sunday school, never once taking a minute to think about it objectively.
It’s also good entertainment, if Christianity didn’t exist and someone made a movie about the fictional world of Y’allQueada and the republic of magastan it would seem like utter insanity, and would probably be a hit because it was so nuts.
I could use the same argument for your "Faith" in Biden.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Ace and Gary are just punks that get a thrill from posting inflammatory things.
If the confrontation were in person they would more likely wet themselves before they could say anything bold.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY

Absolutely I do. Actually the majority of the gospels, in fact all of them and the rest of the New Testament were written by men who lived when Jesus was on the earth. Mathew, Mark, Luke, John and Peter were Jesus’s disciples. Paul also lived at the same time. As for Jesus not actually dying, sorry, He hung until he had no breath left, no heart beat and the Roman soldier pierced his side with his spear which made all his blood and fluids rush out. He was dead, no doubt after all the torture He went through for us. People have always and will always try to discredit the Biblical accounts of its history. People even try to say the Red Sea was only knee deep where the Children of Israel crossed after leaving Egypt. Kind of surprised the Egyptian army would drown in knee deep water. It sounds like you have heard or read the Bible which is great. But not all will believe. Like I said before, it’s totally up to you. I’m not going to condemn you for not believing the way I do. We all have to make a decision as to who or what we believe. Whether that is in a God, singular or in the trinity, a religion, or in atheism. As for me and my eternity, I chose to believe the Bible. It all comes down to the fact that we will be held responsible for our own decision.

Premium Features