• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Checking interest all or part Polaris 825 Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!
PRICING ADDED!!

Checking interest on 825 mod motor (700 based) I purchased but am considering getting rid of. See following thread for background

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283482

Motor is a 825 twin based on 700 bottom end, 88mm bore 68mm stroke. Steel sleeve bores are good, no gouges or scratches. As stated in above thread, one cylinder is a "220" cylinder, other "824", and was told 824 cylinder "leaked water". Sleeve at top of 824 cylinder is damaged at cooling ports (sleeve is like chipped out), two ports are epoxied.

Pistons look good, no scoring or damage. Part numbers still visible in domes, they look fairly new. Numbers on pistons "H73J2, 9177, 87.89mm". Come with wrist pin & needle bearing. $150+shipping

Heads cut for overbore, no pitting or scoring. Cylinder head is machined with replacable domes, domes are marked "10A". $100 + shipping

Crank spins OK, but there is some side-to-side slop at ends of rods, I might call this more of a core crank maybe? $75 + shipping

Cases look good, no damage to inside of cases, no evidence of spun bearings, no idea of what work if any was done to cases.

There are some numbers hand stamped on cylinders and cases. "83174 1" on 824 cylinder, "83174 2" on 220 cylinder. "74574" hand stamped in bases of both cylinders and base of lower case. Polaris numbers "5630835 Rev 1" and "5630815 REV 2" cast into upper case on intake reed housing.

Just looking to see if anybody might need any of this for spare parts etc. May still use some of it if there's no interest. Please post or PM any questions and thanks for looking! Will post some pics later this evening.

Make offer if interested in cases or cylinders, not sure if they are of any use alone without the other.

Last edited:

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
How much for the bottom end? How much for the top end?

I figured to let someone read and decide for themselves what to offer from there. I didn't pay an awful lot for the motor by others' standards, but I also don't know if any of it is anything anybody else wants either. Thanks!

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
pricing added, more info

Pulled crank and cases apart this afternoon, cases look good no evidence of damage or spun bearings. I have no idea of what work may have been done to these cases to match them to cylinders.

Crank is questionable, bearings roll OK, a little wiggle on them when not in cases, side to side slop of rods concerns me, still thinking of this as a core crank.

Pulled heads and cover off of cylinders again, I think I figured out where 824 cylinder "leaked water". Top edge of cylinder sleeve is chipped away at some of the cooling passages, almost all of them, kind of broken off where casting of cylinder meets the liner. Two cooling passages were epoxied kind of covering up the chipped areas.

Not sure if cylinders/cases can be used without each other, or if liners can be reused in another set of same casting # cylinders. I paid $550 for the whole works including shipping, if someone wants to make an offer on all of it let me know. Thanks again for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features