• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out EWT for bibs and Monosuits

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Was sent a link to EWT by a friend today as I have been trying to find a monosuit for this year and have came up empty being 6'4" and 180lbs. Currently have two TOBE Tiro's in my living room I have been trying to make work, but they are going back unfortunately. Has anyone tried EWT? I am having a hard time finding much other than a few facebook reposts on the page. Also the sizing for shorts and talls doesn't seem to be anywhere. Interested in the T2 suit, but not sure what fabric to choose either, seems like the Mutec GTX or 3 layer is the choice for a mountain sledder and the N500 for snowbike? I ride a sled now and really like the TOBE monos so finding something similar would be nice. My Klim Havoc bibs are crazy durable, but also stiff.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Hmk, fxr, 509, Tobe

Is it that bad?

I wore their bibs last year with good results.
The n500 is the tough fabric, similar to my klim jacket.

I'll see if you would fit in a large tall.
Probably so. They also do custom sizing based on measurements.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Checked with the manufacturer and you are a custom size.
They do custom for a good price. You can fill out the measurements on the website.
They are pretty good at making customers happy, so if it doesn't fit they replace with some that will.

Shoot them an email, they probably have something that is already an extra tall that you can get for the regular price.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Checked with the manufacturer and you are a custom size.
They do custom for a good price. You can fill out the measurements on the website.
They are pretty good at making customers happy, so if it doesn't fit they replace with some that will.

Shoot them an email, they probably have something that is already an extra tall that you can get for the regular price.
I have a Motorfist large tall Blitz II coming today and an EWT T2 custom size on order already. I went with the GTX 3 layer based on a video I saw stating it was very much like what Klim uses on some of their shell jackets (like my Klim Kompound) and it looked similar to the TOBE Tiro fabric. I met up with an ambassador locally and saw the N500. It was very much like my Klim Havoc bibs or the Valdez jacket my buddy has, very rugged, but also on the heavier side and stiffer, wasn't sure I wanted that in a mono. Not really to the point where is was bad, but I wanted something a bit more mobile. I don't bash trees nearly as much now that I am on a sled compared to when I was on a snowbike so I am not worried much about the thinner material.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
The Motorfist was a Large Tall and the inseam measured out to 31-32" which their website states 35" so it is going back. Not sure if it was mislabeled or what, but I'm down to EWT only at this point for a monosuit. Looking forward to when it arrives. I really like that you can add options to them, I got a custom color (hi-vis neon green/dark grey combo), leather on inside of lower legs, and of course the custom sizing in the GTX 3 layer fabric. I will post some pictures and thoughts once it arrives, I will compare it to my 2022 Klim Kompound Jacket Shell, my 2019 509 Stoke Jacket shell and my 2021 Klim Havoc Bibs. The one thing that I will need to figure out is layering since my core area is essentially "double shell" because of my bibs.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Was the motofist inseam too short for your legs?
I wonder if the numbers are based on what you would wear in pants and that they translate to a 32 in a loose fitting monosuit.
Hope the ewt fits you better.
Did you go custom fit?

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Was the motofist inseam too short for your legs?
I wonder if the numbers are based on what you would wear in pants and that they translate to a 32 in a loose fitting monosuit.
Hope the ewt fits you better.
Did you go custom fit?
I'm not sure I asked them but didn't get a clear answer. Yes it was too short in the legs. Length was like a TOBE Tiro medium. I went custom with EWT and put my inseam plus half an inch because more is better than less for me since I wear dual axis knee guards.

Just discovered EWT while hunting for custom fit monosuits. Im a tough fit at 6’4” 215lbs. With mybuild, I’m usually a L-tall, 34x34 waist, in casual clothes. That means most outerwear is either slim enough, but not long enough, in a large. Or, too boxy in an XL.

How has the fit been for those of you who have tried?

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Just discovered EWT while hunting for custom fit monosuits. Im a tough fit at 6’4” 215lbs. With mybuild, I’m usually a L-tall, 34x34 waist, in casual clothes. That means most outerwear is either slim enough, but not long enough, in a large. Or, too boxy in an XL.

How has the fit been for those of you who have tried?
I got my custom mono 2 weeks ago about, it ended up not having the correct inseam or fabric. The fabric issue was mostly a communication error on both our parts. The customer service has been great so far, my new suit is being made now. My original came in the N500 which is extremely durable material, but the price is its a bit heavy and like carhartt material. My new suit is coming in the MTS2 material. I will report back once the new one arrives.

I am just shy of 6'5 and 182lbs so monos are extremely hard for me to find as well.

J
Apr 12, 2011
Willow Lake SD
checking out EWT e3 one piece suit. first time getting one have bibs and jacket now but bibs are getting torn and wore out been around 13 years. I'm 6'7" about 350 big in the shoulders and chest kind of big in the gut. I usually wear long sleeve shirt and pants. any info if I should get insulated or not and what fabric to get with it. I like to go into trees but mostly like meadows. just getting thought and ideas before I get measured and order one thanks

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
I have been enjoying my monosuit using the MTS2 fabric. Seems durable enough without being overly stiff and heavy. The N500 is definitely beefier, but at the cost of weight and stiffness. I don't ever do insulated, I ride the Cascades and rode Seeley end of January when the trail ride was -10* F to get to the spots, didn't have any issues just running a Klim lvl1 with my amazon special 300g base layers, was quite warm both on an off trail.

Premium Features