• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check Engine Code P 1471

W
Apr 4, 2018
My 2017 Summit 850 is throwing code p1471. When the sled is running at lower rpm's the code does not appear, but once you go full throttle the code comes in.

Is this code associated with the rave valves? Took the sled to the dealer this spring, they replaced a gasket and another small part in one rave under warranty. I asked them about the code, they said it was due to a broken wire in the main wiring harness and wouldn't cover it under warranty.

If it is a broken wire I'd like to fix it. I'm wondering what the code means, and where the wiring goes that is associated with it.

I
Jul 5, 2001
It’s probably not a broken wire, it’s a RAVE valve position error, check the cable from the little motor and make sure it moves freely and also slide the rave valve up and down when sled is warm. Sometimes it just takes the dealer to re-set RAVE positions……. Closed, mid and open if not replace the RAVE motor and have dealer set the 3 positions and your good to go :)

Premium Features