• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Challenger extreme loud?

P
Mar 1, 2015
Just went from a peak 2.25 to a challenger extreme 2.5 on an 155 sks.

CE seem to be howling pretty loud (just like a big MT tire on the road)

Is this normal for this track? Seem worse when i keep going at a steady speed in powder. Prob arouns 30 mph or so.

I also noticed a bit of vibration from the rail when running it on the stand. Not sure if normal or not

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just went from a peak 2.25 to a challenger extreme 2.5 on an 155 sks.

CE seem to be howling pretty loud (just like a big MT tire on the road)

Is this normal for this track? Seem worse when i keep going at a steady speed in powder. Prob arouns 30 mph or so.

I also noticed a bit of vibration from the rail when running it on the stand. Not sure if normal or not

Is your track centered in the tunnel?

(Rubbing on the side might sound similar)

P
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks for comment guys. Ill run it a few more miles. I realise some noise is to be expected with these kind of track. But didnt think it would be that much louder compared to the peak

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Track alignment check first. The track does take a little breaking in too, keep proper tension on it. Plus it is fully clipped, which can be noisier although the peak may have been too. Check alignment on the center driver, after rolling to a stop see if one side or the other of the center track window is up against the side of the center driver... my Axys (3") was that way when I switched to a Camo track and had to move the center driver back over closer to center. Mechanic told me sometimes they move ever so slightly; I think the factory tracks may have a wider center window, more tolerant of driver placement. With the tubular steel shaft anyway he told me I could knock on it with a drift carefully and move it over and I did (wood drift, whack it, rotate it, whack it, rotate it... finally moved and my excess noise went away, although mine sounded almost like ratcheting at low speed). Probably TMI.

Premium Features