• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Challenger Extreme 2.5 Track Reviews

R
Nov 18, 2008
St. Michael MN
I have a 2016 SKS 800-155" with 2.25" Peak Track and considering changing to a Challenger Extreme 2.5 Track.
Anyone have the Challenger Track have any opinions of it?
Mostly boondocking in MI and also the annual trip out West for deep POW.

D
Nov 28, 2010
Excellent track put over 1k miles on mine running in the UP and out west equal amounts of time track still looks great no rip lugs or tears But I am cautious when I get stuck I don't ever get crazy and pin and wiggle till dirt comes flying out admit defeat and start digging saves u a track I am a relatively aggressive rider
Had this track on 2 different sleds and holds up very well Common sense always dictates A+

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I ran one camo extreme 163x2.5 2.86 pitch on my Carls 860 big-bore Dragon, it was used when I got it and showed a little wear but no damage, ran it a couple thousand mountain miles more before finally selling the sled. Even though I did catch a few trees / rocks over the years, never damaged it, not 1 torn or missing lug when I finally sold the sled. Also ran the same model track but in 155 on my wifes sled (700 dragon), sold that sled and upgraded and kept the track, which we ran on her 600 Pro, and later on my 800 Pro... same story. Tough track. I only personally know of one person who had a major issue with it where all the center lugs came off his track, I would say much better track than the stock 2.6 Polaris track in almost all conditions, but a bit heavier. Small price to pay for not having to put a new track on every couple years. And not having the lack of braking the stock 2.4 had on hardpack where the lugs just roll over and you keep sliding downhill... did that once, heart attack time... Better on trails that the stock 2.4 also (know by experience) and probably the 2.6 (stiffer lug). Hope this helps.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I have one on my 16 pro rmk 800 155. Same scenario as you, most of my riding is in the UP with the annual trip west. I can only compare to my stock 2.6 but Durability wise it doesn’t even compare. I only got 700 miles out of my first 2 stock tracks. I have about that in the 2.5 camo extreme and don’t have a single torn lug or any signs of wear for that matter. Harder snow and spring type conditions it’s almost twice as good as the stock 2.6. The only thing it gives up is In light fluffy deep pow it is I would say 80-90% as good as the stock 2.6. Now the stock 2.6 is leaps and bounds better than your 2.25 peak and I would imagine the 2.5 camo extreme would still be a huge upgrade in light fluffy pow over your peak. Hope this helps.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
My personal experience compared to replacing the 2.4 and 2.6 - 2.5 CE is tougher, fully clipped, heavier. Works better in every condition except +3 ft of fresh blower pow, like you get to ride once or twice a year in the UP unless your can ride every day. I like the 2.6 as an all around track, fully clipped, but the cost is prohibitive - I wouldn't replace a 2.6 with another, value-wise. Gear down and you won't notice the weight on acceleration. Know how to setup your skid. Takes some miles to break in it for pow, at least 200. As said, it will be a nice upgrade over the 2.25 Peak in the deep.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Anybody ever swap a Polaris 174"x3" for a Challenger Extreme 174"x2.5"? Sort of curious what the results were. Technically, I've already ordered the CE2.5 .... so I'm gonna try it and see what I think. I was hoping going to a smaller lug height in the CE2.5 would equate to a little bit of gained maneuverability in low snow conditions, which is where the 174 is kind of the bane of my existence.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Could be a nice combo - definitely more track speed, spin the track easier at low speed to get on edge, while still having all the low momentum float. Please let us know how it works.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Well, after the science project of finding the right shock/rail/wheel/driver combination, I finally got a ride in on my '18 174 with the new CE2.5

Rode at Rabbit Ears last weekend and it was just the kind of snow I wanted to test it out in .... Aboutg 6-8" of fresh on top of a solid base. Even though the track is obviously not broken in yet and won't be for awhile, it seems to me like its more maneuverable than the Series VII 3.0 and in the snow we ahd up there it was still hooking and tractoring just fine, just like you'd expect a 174 to do.

Looking forward to it getting broke in, but over all I'd say if you have to swap your Series VII and are willing to swap drivers, its worth it to put this track on. I think it is better in lower snow conditions than the Polaris track.

The 2-3 days a year we have 4' over the hood blower pow all day, I'm sure it'll do well enough in but probably those 2-3 days a year the Polaris Series VII 3" would be better. *shrug*

I think I'll be happy with it at least.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I’ve ran the challenger 2.5 on a few sleds including my pro. Probably the best all around track, durability is best of the bunch, may not perform quite as good as some other tracks in certain conditions but also doesn’t have any major downfalls either. Long story short you can’t go wrong with a CE 2.5,

I’m in need of a new track and I’m opting for 3.5 pitch track like series 8, doo track, modified alpha track for twin rail for the extra performance potential at the cost of durability and sake of trying something new.

Premium Features