• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CFR Handlebar need review

D
Sep 24, 2008
Rockies
Not really sure what your question is.....

strength yes, but I have found much better ergonomics for me.... width, pull back angle.... it is a personal preference....

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
remember each model of CFR bar is different. some taper back, some are straight, some have rise etc so just because one person loves one style doesn't mean you will. also depends on what kind of steering you have on your sled. I personally run the rooster flat bars on my sled with a 6" riser. this setup is about 0.5-1" shorter than the stock non adjustable setup

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Its very similar to replacing a set of bars on a Motocross bike. I run Protaper CR high bars on every dirtbike I own, Why? I cant really tell you. The bend angles just fit me like a shoe. They are comfortable and give me a more control of the bike. The CFR bars are a similar situation. before buying a random bend of bars, you should go try a few sets out(from a local dealer, friend who has them, etc) and see what you think.

A great option they released this year is the crow bar, it has a very similar bend to the boondocker bar but is 7/8" the whole diameter so you don't have to get new risers or adapters

Last edited:
I
Sep 23, 2016
I got the tourcotte green bars with a 4in riser and standard xf post, I love it. The sweep back, angle, and rise is perfect for the kinda riding I do. I can stand and rip down the whooped out trail or go booney bashing in the trees and be just as confident

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Bump.

Looking for opinion on bars. Flat vs rise? Rooster vs boondocker.

Replacing two sets this week, be nice to re-use my 5” block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I just put on the crowbar. Much more of a comfortable and natural position for me compared to stock bars. My only challenge now is the riser, after cutting the adjustable post, I can’t find a height to be content with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
CFR bars rock! Most guys like the feel and the customization options. You can pick from several bends. I like the Boondocker 2.0 bar. It seems to transmit less vibration and has an awesome feel. The advantages listed above such as strength are also a big plus.

We stock the full line if you need help.

S
Mar 25, 2015
New Hampshah
remember each model of CFR bar is different. some taper back, some are straight, some have rise etc so just because one person loves one style doesn't mean you will. also depends on what kind of steering you have on your sled. I personally run the rooster flat bars on my sled with a 6" riser. this setup is about 0.5-1" shorter than the stock non adjustable setup

How have you liked the Rooster bars? I like the sounds of no upsweep, but plenty of backsweep...

S
Oct 23, 2019
Do the boondocker 2.0 bars fit on the arctic cat stock riser? I am wondering if I need the knucks riser
They will fit the stock riser but you will want the knucks riser. If you put the stock riser on with the cheetah bars it will raise your bars up by about an inch. I prefer about two inches lower than stock and I get that with the cheetah bars and risers. Im 6 foot

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
currently rocking the CFR "Crowbar" they are amazing and CFR also makes riser caps that adapt the Doo mountain strap it softer,shorter and pliable (will not break your sternum) and I have the shorter summit strap that works well with this set up

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
How have you liked the Rooster bars? I like the sounds of no upsweep, but plenty of backsweep...
another update. i got a new sled that came with boondocker bars and a 4" riser. i changed that out with a 2" riser for 4" total rise and its much nicer. i do like the narrower boondocker bars vs the wider rooster. i still think i liked the flat bars though, just wish they were narrower (probably could cut them...)

Premium Features