• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CAUTION. *please read* Don’t get Scammed

M
Feb 1, 2022
Colorado
Any one dealing on the swap meet please be cautious of this person or their alias. I purchased a Y-pipe from this person and obviously it didn’t show because I was scammed. In my own ignorance I should have used PayPal with protection Plan. Here is the persons info and avoid any business dealings with this person.

Donna Marie

donnamarie292004@comcast.net

903-326-5475

2718 GRAFTON AVE
DALLAS TX 75211

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Any one dealing on the swap meet please be cautious of this person or their alias. I purchased a Y-pipe from this person and obviously it didn’t show because I was scammed. In my own ignorance I should have used PayPal with protection Plan. Here is the persons info and avoid any business dealings with this person.

Donna Marie

donnamarie292004@comcast.net

903-326-5475

2718 GRAFTON AVE
DALLAS TX 75211

Do you have the user name for this person? If you can get me a user name, I'll look into it.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
I posted a wanted add and this person responded saying they had the part I wanted via text. Unfortunately I do not have the username.

Was it the thread titled "WTB ‘12 Arctic Cat M8 engine & parts"?

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Yes, I believe that was my posting. I spoke to a few other people that were not involved. I just feel like an idiot and hope to stop someone else from being scammed.

Based on the information I have available and the users who viewed that thread, I'm pretty confident that 2 of those users were indeed spammers/scammers. I have banned both of those accounts so there will hopefully be no further issues.

This day and age, it's probably best to not list your phone number on any buy/sell ads and to research the hell out of the people you are dealing with. Unfortunately that's the world we're living in. I have also removed your phone number from that thread to hopefully minimize any further issues (I'll be happy to add it back in if you'd like, but wouldn't recommend it). If you ever have ANY suspicions about a user, don't hesitate to hit the "Report" button and enter a message explaining your suspicion. We'll look into it and take any appropriate actions we deem necessary.

M
Feb 1, 2022
Colorado
Appreciate the help and timely response. Ill be much more careful next time and be sure to vet the person more carefully.
I blew up my sled and was a little too eager to find deals, lesson learned.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I just goggled
2718 GRAFTON AVE
DALLAS TX 75211
and it looks like a real sh!thole neighborhood. Likely not a place you'll find fellow snowmobilers.

Premium Features