• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbureted 2 stroke turbo old sled

dansvan

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2011

T
Oct 3, 2020
Very very few people try to do this... From there my main question. Turbocharging 2 stroke can do more hp?
Online is difficult find people who want sharing something!

T
Oct 3, 2020
This is the most interesting thread about all snowest! I've read all the 42 pages! And also write on it but Gus Bhone never answer me.

T
Oct 3, 2020
Ok just the last question. You said me turbo equalize pressure in the exhaust side and intake side. There is some book about 2 stroke turbo or some documentation to learn more about it??

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I’ve built my own kits many times, you really need to understand the inner workings of the whole package. If sled/ATV mechanics isn’t your profession, you better find someone who’s is. Someone willing to directly help you. It takes years of training and knowledge. Otherwise it’ll just be junk!

D
Nov 2, 2008
I’ve read all 42 pages and gained a tremendous amount of knowledge. I’ve read posts over and over again learning what this is all about. I’ve bookmarked several pages that I can read again to get the best result the first time out.

I’m in the final stages of my install and ready to test. Read, read, and read more. Then ask questions.
2010 XP turbo.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I search info about carbed sled because I want to turboing a small yz250 2 stroke carbed but I don't have find info about it so I search a similar set up to learn something about it.
this has been done. Look up turbo KTM 300 and i bet you get some hits. now. I am a hardcore sledneck'n mfer and didn't get my first dirtbike till i was 16 with my own money (ktm300 lol) now im 28 going on 40 and i have started messing around building bikes. bikes are harder because there are a lot more idiots who think bikes are cool Vs snowmobiles. Now, the most important part of this is going to be turbo SIZE and QUALITY. Im going to tell you right now there is only a few turbos in the world that can do THIS, nd i mean EXACTLY what we are talking about ( turbo 250 -300 cc 2 stroke dirtbike/sled)

Another fact that may have escaped you be looking to close at the tree your trying to cut instead of the whole forest is that 450cc 4 stroke bikes move about the same air as a 250. SO, there is another place where you can barrow ideas from! AND TURBO SIZEING. SPECIFICALLY i would recommend running NOTHING but a Garrett ceramic ball bearing turbo in this app for a multitude of reasons. Ps there is a link in my signature to my youtube where there is plenty of turbo sled meterial just flat GETTING IT! and more very soon to come. I plan to build a 2 stroke chopper this summer so might be cool? cause it will be turbo'd lol

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
it took me time to look this up for you but what you need is a Garrett GT 2052 or so. I would NOT recomend journal bearings because that means you need an oil pump moving a considerable amount of oil which is hard to do for cheep. See if you can upgrade that turbo to ceramic ball bearings. You will still need an oil pump but its not as important. https://www.garrettmotion.com/wp-co...olume-8_Full-Version_October_2020_Digital.pdf

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum. From Germany- been racing an historic 2 stroke car for 40 years (yes, 40). 900 cc, 3 cyl, 90 HP. Very light weight at 1300 lbs. Just for the fun of it I'd like to give it a shot at turbo charging.
The 3in1 exhaust provides the same back pulse effect from the next opening cyl (120 ° later than #1) as the reverse cone of a single cyl pipe. Most probably stronger.
I'll continue reading all posts here and start asking thereafter. Thanks ahead to all here advancing my knowledge in the future.
alex2stroke

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Hello Guys, I am new to this forum. From Germany- been racing an historic 2 stroke car for 40 years (yes, 40). 900 cc, 3 cyl, 90 HP. Very light weight at 1300 lbs. Just for the fun of it I'd like to give it a shot at turbo charging.
The 3in1 exhaust provides the same back pulse effect from the next opening cyl (120 ° later than #1) as the reverse cone of a single cyl pipe. Most probably stronger.
I'll continue reading all posts here and start asking thereafter. Thanks ahead to all here advancing my knowledge in the future.
alex2stroke
Hey uhh. can we be friends? Lol my advice or question tied into one... why can't we make it work off of one throttle body? Post pics PLEASE. but I'm working on a single throttle body, multi position-port semi-direct infection system specifically for 3 cylender turbocharged engines. Specifically mono block late 90s polaris fuji 580/600s. Ohh and copying everyone's ideas. Literal and blatant theft of tech is my game lol. Atm couldn't sell it if I tried (and I am). Investors? Maybe you?

Movie quote joke at the end. But no seriously please post pics.

If you speak English with a broken Slavonic heavy accent I could pry get you a free vacation spot in Yellowstone. Be my Dr. EVIL?

LOL PLEASE POST PICS OF THAT MACHINE @alex2stroke

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Premium Features