• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Yeti SnowMX buyout....

N
Dec 18, 2015
What's the news... anyone know how this affects production and delivery dates!..

Do tell!

Last edited:
A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
I tried to get ahold of them today and Camso reps are now the voice. They were very friendly but not much info transfered yet. Seems it was a surprise to some of the peeps over there as well.
I cracked 2 chassis(same day, same stump:face-icon-small-fro) last year and when I enquired about doing the chassis exchange program Jamie told me to hold off and exchange for the 2018 chassis. Double checked today hoping I had some documentation of this but no luck as it was all over the phone. I hope this was documented on Yeti's end as it was a nice surprising perk.
Being an Edmonton resident and a huge advocate for Yeti's customer service, I am disapointed this is going down but definately willing to give the Camso crew a chance.

N
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks for the info... yes... key will be if Camso carries over commitments made by Yeti.

Commitments on warranty and going forward on 2018 orders, pricing, delivery times, parts support etc.

Any other voices on Camso experiences specific to this Yeti buyout greatly appreciated.

I thinks it's key to dealer / customer confidence to know where things stand asap.

I tried to get ahold of them today and Camso reps are now the voice. They were very friendly but not much info transfered yet. Seems it was a surprise to some of the peeps over there as well.
I cracked 2 chassis(same day, same stump:face-icon-small-fro) last year and when I enquired about doing the chassis exchange program Jamie told me to hold off and exchange for the 2018 chassis. Double checked today hoping I had some documentation of this but no luck as it was all over the phone. I hope this was documented on Yeti's end as it was a nice surprising perk.
Being an Edmonton resident and a huge advocate for Yeti's customer service, I am disapointed this is going down but definately willing to give the Camso crew a chance.

N
Sep 9, 2012
I think after HayDays we'll know whats going on a little better.

I was filling out the form to purchase my camso dts, mostly because I like the brand, one rail design, and the price. Then I saw they bought yeti.. I'm waiting to see whats going to happen now... they're probably going to keep everything the same then do a bunch of new stuff for 2019...

Has anyone rode the Camso and Yeti? Thoughts??

D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
I think after HayDays we'll know whats going on a little better.

I was filling out the form to purchase my camso dts, mostly because I like the brand, one rail design, and the price. Then I saw they bought yeti.. I'm waiting to see whats going to happen now... they're probably going to keep everything the same then do a bunch of new stuff for 2019...

Has anyone rode the Camso and Yeti? Thoughts??

I own both and for the $$$ the camso is 2x the ride of the Yeti.

Camso issues are weight and suspension.

I'm looking forward to the 129ss as it essentially copies the Camso design but keeps the Yeti weight and suspension. With a little luck it'll be the basis for the 2019 platform.

N
Dec 18, 2015
Being assembled at Camso ... NOW

From what I hear .... parts have all arrived and orders are being assembled at CAMSO right now.

But don't have shipping info as yet. But from afar it looks as if they will make the promised OCT date... (well late oct!)

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
I was pissed too about the company moving to Quebec but Jamie and all the old staff are still working there, they r just hard to get ahold of since they r probly still super busy. They still followed through w promises made to me before the buyout

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
I was pissed too about the company moving to Quebec but Jamie and all the old staff are still working there, they r just hard to get ahold of since they r probly still super busy. They still followed through w promises made to me before the buyout

Jamie followed up with me as well. He is definitely super busy, likely working on the operations transition.We still have some things to sort out but he has assured me that Yeti's service level will live on through Camso. I was pumped to hear the original crew was staying on. Great people!!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I talked to the Camso rep at the Denver snow show this weekend and he said all company communication states that the 2 companies will operate as they have been. I'm sure there will be some changes to streamline some things, but it's good to hear that the original Yeti won't just be absorbed by Camso.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I talked to the Camso rep at the Denver snow show this weekend and he said all company communication states that the 2 companies will operate as they have been. I'm sure there will be some changes to streamline some things, but it's good to hear that the original Yeti won't just be absorbed by Camso.

Sounds similar to what Polaris did with timbersled

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
pretty quiet on the Yeti front Polaris is really pushing the 2018 timber-sled stuff it is as if Yeti does not even exist anymore , remember when an other company bought out the competition and it just went away--time will tel where this one will go.

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Well, this is an absolute abortion. My parts enquiry started Sept 21st. Almost 3 months later, I can't even get a response for an estimated delivery. Back and forth with Camso, back and forth with dealers(they have been fantastic, not a dealer issue). Nearly 30k into a bike and I'm looking at doing another build to not lose anymore of my season. If I didn't love the product and the local dealer support so much that kit would be sitting on a pallet at Ritchie Bros. Get it together Camso.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
pretty quiet on the Yeti front Polaris is really pushing the 2018 timber-sled stuff it is as if Yeti does not even exist anymore , remember when an other company bought out the competition and it just went away--time will tel where this one will go.

Actually Camso and Yeti have been exceptional, They have some refinement since the merger and working on web site updates , The language barrier can sometimes be difficult however they really are helpful. Parts do arrive quickly.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I can't speak for Yeti but the Camso DTS product has been very impressive so far. Got my two kits within the same week I ordered. One small breakage issue of a plastic bushing (during transport) but rectified ASAP by both my local dealer and Camso.

Ask to speak to a guy named Stefane or email him at their help desk. He is always quick to respond. Sometimes your dealer may drop the ball and cover t up as a supplier problem?...have had this with other products too.

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
I can't speak for Yeti but the Camso DTS product has been very impressive so far. Got my two kits within the same week I ordered. One small breakage issue of a plastic bushing (during transport) but rectified ASAP by both my local dealer and Camso.

Ask to speak to a guy named Stefane or email him at their help desk. He is always quick to respond. Sometimes your dealer may drop the ball and cover t up as a supplier problem?...have had this with other products too.

Camso parts..... Yes, agreed. No issues getting those. Yeti parts... Good luck! Camso has been responsive to calls and emails. I dealt with stephane and am now dealing with their yeti rep as he handles camso kits. They are very friendly and I do believe in time they will resolve this but a guy can only be told "we are working on it" for so many months before you get pissed off. Again, not a dealer issue as I touched base with camso directly to make sure this wasn't the case. I am glad this doesn't seem to be the norm for everyone but it has been a **** show for me and 2 others in our group.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Sounds like we made the right choice going with Camso...Yeti was our other option...was almost the same price for last year's discounted, gently used Yeti, but in the end Camso's single guide rail sold me.

Premium Features