• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso x3

S7even

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2015
Cascade Idaho
I'm in the market for a new track to replace my Polaris 163 series 7 track. I like everything about the x3 other than how the last 1/2" on either side has no paddle. It seems like a waste to me. Can anyone with experience with the x3 tell me I'm over thinking this or does It actually make a difference?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The X3 is hands down a much better track in all conditions than the Polaris track and lasts much longer. And is great excuse to install a set of real drivers from Avid.

It's also easier to roll the sled to make last minute changes in direction

The Powerclaw is a very close 2nd.

Get rid of the goofy center driver.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm in the market for a new track to replace my Polaris 163 series 7 track. I like everything about the x3 other than how the last 1/2" on either side has no paddle. It seems like a waste to me. Can anyone with experience with the x3 tell me I'm over thinking this or does It actually make a difference?

I thought only the 16” wide x3 had the 1/2” of empty belting on the edge.

I do know the x3 works better than the Polaris series 7 all around.

The x3 and 3.0 powerclaw trade advantages based on snow conditions.

(We have 3 sleds setup the same with those 3 tracks (162 length) riding side by side most days)

S7even

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2015
Cascade Idaho
Thanks for the responses, looks like I was just over thinking it. Tracks USA said even the 15 inch wide one had empty space on the edges. I'm still trying to decide between the x3 and epic 280, I'm definitely leaning more toward the x3 at this point as it seems like it will last longer than the epic. I was planning on keeping the stock drivers to save a little money, Are the avid drivers really worth it over the stock ones? I'm running a sidekick and haven't really ever had any ratcheting issues other than hard wide open landings.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Yes, the center driver (horrible idea) gets ice build up which then causes the track to ratchet and also tightens track running over a taller driver which causes problem to the track’s life.

Plus water skipping sucks with the extra porting of the track.

Especially if you’re running a turbo. You will thank yourself chucking that set up in the trash can.

S7even

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2015
Cascade Idaho
This is my first track swap so sorry for the dumb question, but what all do I need to get from avid to do this? And I'm assuming I'll need to cut the rails and run anti stab?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I’ve seen it online and it does look good. My first thought is it’s an Ice Age. Looked identical to me.

You have one? I got so tired of Wahl’s and SLP’s failing and I was warned years ago not to use anything but Ice Age.

I use quite a bit of their other stuff.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I’ve seen it online and it does look good. My first thought is it’s an Ice Age. Looked identical to me.

You have one? I got so tired of Wahl’s and SLP’s failing and I was warned years ago not to use anything but Ice Age.

I use quite a bit of their other stuff.

Pictures are deceiving, hold the MTNTK in your hand and it’s solid.

CA362E3E-952B-4B5F-B9A9-AB0063C8EC94.jpeg

Full 1” thick shaft.

7/16” bolts.

Premium Features