• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Peak 2.5" track

Can you guys comment on your opinions of the Camso Peak 2.5" track? I've been reading that it trenches bad.
I had a run on a 155 SKS last year in the spring so trenching wasn't an issue then. Hook up and cooling was great. Wondering what it's like in the powder?

I currently run the Challenger track on my sled and while it was great in the powder, it lacked some on the really hard packed stuff in the spring.

Thanks.

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
Personally havent ridden it, but you have to take what people say about trenching with a grain of salt. A lot of riders dont understand how crucial proper suspension set up for your weight and snow conditions affects trenching. If its set up properly just comes down to track design. I have ridden a 2.5 CE and they are an impressive track compared to the stock 2.4 and worth the upgrade.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The peak really is a trencher though.......
2.4 floats 2x better than the CHallanger and the CE floats 3x better than the peak.

We tried many suspension setups.
Like peak 2.5 could get stuck going downhill............

The sawtooth CE is a great all around track.

There is a reason the assault has a peak 2.25 option for the hillclimb guys.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm surprised to see this, hence why I started this thread, because CAMSO's description of it is that it is great for floatation.

From CAMSO "angular lugs bite big and funnel snow under the snowmobile for outstanding floatation"

I understand that the setup up for your sled has a lot to do with that as well.

I have a SBA 144. I was looking to upgrade to the 146 2.5" Peak. I have my sled dialed in now but don't want to get a new track that's gonna keep me buried.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
The peak really is a trencher though.......
2.4 floats 2x better than the CHallanger and the CE floats 3x better than the peak.

We tried many suspension setups.
Like peak 2.5 could get stuck going downhill............

The sawtooth CE is a great all around track.

There is a reason the assault has a peak 2.25 option for the hillclimb guys.
Agreed in general, the CE 2.5 "sawtooth" is what I like to run. Even if it gives up a little in the deep light fluffy stuff (some people's experience, not mine personally), the gains on hardpack and spring snow conditions and durability are so worth it. 2.5 163" CE 2.86 pitch on my 08 Carls 860, and going to put the 155 version on my 2015 Pro 800... soon... have the track sitting in the shop.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Ran a peak 2.5" on my 11' pro and LOVED it.

I live in Oregon and it was great, never thought it trenched and worked much better then soft Polaris powder track. I was really bummed I lost it when I sold the sled.

L
Mar 10, 2020
Glad I found this thread. I have a 18 SBA 144 and also want to put a 2.5 on and was stuck between the Peak & CE. Definitely going toward the CE 2.5 9145M now. BUT..... There is a center port on this track. Do the center ports require a driver? I want to switch to a SB Pro-S drive shaft which is a 2S-8T shaft. Going to a 3S-8T from a RMK is $220 more. I dont want to just press drivers on and off because I will most likely be swapping tracks more than once a year...

edit: Just realized this is in the Pro-Ride Chasis. Will this work for Axys Chasis as well?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I have cut away that center drive on both my pro and Axys, no problem.

Had trouble with it icing up on my pro, causing it to ratchet.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Premium Features