• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camso dts 129 on ktm 500exc

B
Jan 24, 2008
hello am a newb to snowbikes just put on a 2018 camso kit on my 2015 ktm 500exc-does anyone have any experiance with this setup mainly looking for input on the strut rod adjustment as there instructions are pretty generic-set up with bushing #2 setting on rod and about 15mm of threads showing on rod end and forks flush with top of clamp the rear of the track is about 1/4" off the floor-oh and i left the limiter cable in factory setting. just looking for best trail stability and handling-but im sure at lot of it is snow conditions ext-also am probably around 230lbs or more fully geared up-Thanks for any input:face-icon-small-hap

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
My setup is pretty much identical, except my bike is a 2014. But you're on the right track (no pun intended). I have my forks set flush and strut length set so the track sits flat. I let out my limiters for the last ride and I think it did well in the deep snow, except that it wanted to lift the front more than it needed to. It was fun but a little harder to control. I don't think it helped to make it easier to ride down a road with frozen ruts -- it's still a handful on the trail. The next thing I might try is what you said -- shorten the strut a bit so that the back of the track is about a quarter inch off the garage floor. We'll see. But I love the bike and kit and how well I can get around in the trees and deep stuff.

Fwd55

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2015
Laval , Qc , Canada
I have order a 2015 500 exc fit kit from camso and it came with 22mm bushing for the front axle ( ski )

ktm part list say the front axle is 26 dia

Just curious did you guys get 22 mm or 26 mm

Asking this becuz I want to install this on a 690 and according to ktm parts list. Both bike are shown to have same 26 mm axle

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
I don't know for sure what size my axle is, but everything that came with the kit for my 2014 fit great.

B
Jan 24, 2008
limiter cables

what are you guys running for the limiter cables-in or let out or does it make much difference? Thanks

56pdlx

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2013
Edmonton
limiter cables

what are you guys running for the limiter cables-in or let out or does it make much difference? Thanks

Out for powder, in for trail. Factory directions are backwards. I leave it out all the time. If you want better trail manners slide forks up 1/4-3/8” and turn down rebound on front forks and compression turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features